51. The Hawan and Apologies

Isha

Tomorrow is the Coronation and today evening there is a special puja and Hawan. Dadi sa said that I and Nav should keep a fast from the time puja comes to an end till the completion of the Coronation. 

I didn't speak to any of those three since morning. I had to watch the match in the morning and Abir accompanied me. In the afternoon, Mumma fed me, Abir, Abhigya, and Priya with her own hands in the theatre room itself due to which we never stepped out till evening. Abhishek was with his brother as usual. 

It was evening and I had to get ready for the hawan. I walked to my room and took a relaxing shower. I wore my blouse and skirt and started drying my hair with the drier. I would have left it to air dry if I was not getting late. I saw Nav entering all ready. He is wearing a white kurta with golden work on it and a golden shawl. He looks breathtakingly handsome. I kept staring at him through the mirror till he walked to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. He bent down and placed a kiss on my cheek while I closed my eyes fisting the drier more tightly. My heartbeats quickened while blush coated my cheeks. He took the drier from my hands and started drying my hair looking into my eyes through the mirror.

"Are you angry with me, princess?" He asked in a slow tone with his eyes fixated on me as if he caged me with his gaze.

"Isn't that your specialty, Your Highness?" I asked taking my hair away from his hands while he looked down guiltily.

"I am sorry, Princess! I was just worried about your safety and hurt you unknowingly. I am ready to bear any punishment but let's end this thing. I am not liking it." He requested lifting his gaze and looking into my eyes straight.

"Do you think I was enjoying this? I tried to apologize, didn't I? I tried to talk to you, but you were busy ignoring me!" I exclaimed taking the comb and running it harshly in my hair. He held my wrist, took the comb from my hand, and started combing my hair slowly sitting on the stool beside me. 

"I know, I am sorry!" He whispered and I leaned on him while he held me protectively by my shoulders. 

"You know, I was... I was so scared that day. I thought I would never see you again. I thought I would die that day when those cars started following me Nav." I let the tears flow freely that I was holding for a long time. He wiped my tears slowly and kissed my forehead. 

"Never, never think about death princess. I would never let you die. Never, you get that? You are mine, my home, my love, my peace. I am not going to let anything separate you from me, even death." He tightened his hold around my waist and kissed my cheek multiple times making me giggle.

"I love you, Nav!" I said after a while lifting my gaze to look into his eyes that were already looking down at me. No matter how angry I am, I can't forget the way he saved me nor the way he made sure I was safe even when he didn't speak to me. He was there for me, always. And somewhere their anger was justified too as they all care a lot for me. But it doesn't mean I am not going to make him sleep on the couch for a week and loot my brother's card with shopping. As Dad was the one who gave the stupid idea of ignoring me, I am going to ignore him for the exact number of days he ignored me.

"I love you too, my Princess!" His lips touched mine as soon as those words left his mouth. His one hand moved from my shoulder to my nape angling my face to deepen the kiss. He took my lower lip between his and nibbled it and sucked on it like a honeybee sucking nectar from the flowers. My one hand reached his cheek cupping it while the other wound around his neck. I took his upper lip between my teeth and bit it a little making him hiss and smile into the kiss. 

His lips kept sucking and nibbling mine while his hand on my shoulder moved down to my bare waist and caressed it with his knuckles making me shudder. He smirked and pushed his tongue in, tasting every corner of my mouth. He left my lips when we both were breathless and started kissing my jaw and then moved to my neck, biting and licking there. My hands fisted his hair pulling him closer.

"Hukum!" An attendee's voice broke our moment and I pulled back immediately. Nav got up and walked to the door to talk to the attendee.

"Time to go, princess!" He said walking to me and I looked down at myself. I was not ready!

"I am not ready, Nav! You distracted me." I chided trying to take the Dupatta from the couch. He bet me taking it in his hands and started folding it.

"I am glad to be your distraction, wifey!" He teased and placed the Dupatta on my shoulder and pinned it before taking the other end and tucking it into the skirt from the other end.

"And, I am going to get my goddess ready," He said making me sit back on the couch and took the bangles from the table and started to slip them into my hands looking deep into my eyes.

Then he made me wear all the jewelry pieces and sat on his knees before taking my left leg and placing it on his thigh. 

"What are you doing, Nav?" I asked in a slow voice while my heart thumped and something flipped in my stomach.

He took out a pair of anklets from his pocket and placed one in my hand while taking the other in his hand. He tied the anklet around my ankle and tightened the hook by pressing it with his teeth. His moustache brushed my feet making goosebumps erupt all over my body. He looked into my eyes and smiled before kissing my foot and placing it down. He did the same with my right foot. I stood up and touched his feet to take blessings.

"You know you don't need to do that, right?" He asked lifting me up by my shoulders and kissing my forehead.

"I didn't complain when you touched my feet, so you shouldn't have a problem with me touching your feet," I replied and he nodded smiling. We both walked out hand in hand and reached the hall which was decorated beautifully in yellow and white. The stage was set for the Puja with havan kund in the middle and seats for both of us and all the priests who would be here to perform the havan. Abhinav excused himself to talk to someone while I went to Abir to instruct him about a few arrangements. 

We both talked for a while and then Nihal, Priya, Prisha Di, and Abhigya joined us. We left Prisha Di and Aditya Bhai alone and walked away to look into the arrangements. Abhigya excused herself to bring Bhai while I and Abir went to check the puja items.

 Abhigya excused herself to bring Bhai while I and Abir went to check the puja items