Chapter 22

I message Riley asking if she's home and she is, so I don't have to worry about that now all I need to worry about is the conversation I am going to have. I decide to do a detour to grab some snacks as I'm probably going to be emotional again after our chat.

Going to the store I grab some chocolates, chips and some fizzy pop and make my way back to the apartment. Opening the door, I'm nervous, Riley is stood by the coffee machine making coffee, I notice there are two cups so I presume one is for me. I drop my stuff in the kitchen and Riley brings our coffees over and we sit on the couch.

Sitting on the couch with a coffee in my hand I'm unsure where to start, until Riley speaks "So Ryan's throwing a party on Saturday are you going to be there?".

"Yeah I am" taking a sip of my coffee trying to brace myself for what I'm about to say.

"So about earlier I really need you not to say anything about what you saw, I know what you're thinking but I am truly just trying to protect you" I watch for her response.

"I know that but how do you expect me to sit back and let this stuff happen to you, Theo and Ben would want to know" there was so much care in her eyes.

"They wouldn't believe it, Ryan is good at manipulating people and turning everything back on me to make me look like the bad guy, he did it back home and he's doing it now. He's their friend now and I honestly don't see that changing you saw how quickly they turned against me" she waited for me to continue "I don't blame them honestly I'm not even fully sure what Ryan had said to them all I know is the disgust they have in their eyes towards me".

She gave me a look of pity "They aren't disgusted, I will speak to them they need to know the truth, they can't stay friends with him it's not right".

"All I need you to do is be wary around him and try warn the guys not to get too close to him I don't want you saying anything about the bruises if you do he will find out and it won't end well for me" I'm just full out honest at this point there is no point beating around the bush.

"I won't leave your side on Saturday he won't do anything whilst I'm around and hopefully we can have a good night together" a sad smile on her face.

"Can we have some cheeriness now, no more on that subject I have snacks do you wanna watch a movie?" a smile came on her face and she ran in the kitchen yelling "I'm getting popcorn, no horror movies though".

She came back with a barrage of snacks and pop, sitting down next to me we picked a comedy movie and laughed the whole way through. Although I'm really enjoying myself I really miss the movie night with the guys as well. Ben hasn't spoken to me in forever he barely even looks in my direction which is horrible and I miss Cooper so much.

I've been nervous to broach the subject of him to anyone but now Riley knows more about what is going on maybe this is the prime opportunity. After the movie is finished I turn to her "So I've been wanting to ask you something but with everything going on I didn't want to make things worse" giving me a confused look she replies "What is it?".

"I wanted to ask if Theo and Cooper are okay, I miss them and I just wanted to make sure they are happy" she gives me a sad smile.

"I'll be honest, Cooper struggled with your disappearance but that wasn't your fault, as for Theo. He was the happiest I've ever seen him when he finally admitted his feelings but after Ryan got involved he hasn't been the same, I know he misses you he's just struggling with whatever bullshit Ryan has been feeding him and he doesn't know how to act around you now" I knew Ryan would ruin everything for me if he ever came back in my life and of course he has done again.

"I shouldn't have got involved with you guys I knew he wouldn't give up and now your involved in this shit, I'm really sorry" I said I wasn't going to get emotional but here I am again. I need to pull myself together.