The Arena

Obsessive.M x Fighter.R
{Mild gore}

      Fist collided with face, a sickening crunch following suit as the large man's nose broke, his hulking figure falling to the ground with a loud thud.
    The crowd cheered in aggressive excitement as the much smaller woman raised her bloodied fist in the air, spitting blood from her mouth as the crimson trickled from her nose.
   The arena was an eruption of noise, enjoying yet another successful win from Y/N.
   As she stood proud, her leg quivered and her organs felt bruised from the intense fight. The man they had pitted her against was twice her size and known for quite literally splitting heads in half, yet, the scrappy woman still came out on top.
   She let the crowd soak it in, her eyes slowly trailing up the stadium, to the top where the vip rows sat.
    Hoisted over all the peasants was a row just for the nobility, most of those who sat up there owning half the fighters and raking in money from the bets placed on them. Y/N belonged to one of them herself.

    Her eyes narrowed slightly when she saw the man who owned her, wave slightly; and though she couldn't see his face, she knew he had a shit grin.
    Her lip curled, before lowering her hand and walking out of the large arena, sand moving under her feet as she had to put all her focus into not limping or staggering. Not for a second could she show weakness, that that fight had been her hardest, that that man could have easily crushed her skull like he had many others.

    The moment she walked into the stone tunnel that led out of the arena, her knees collided with the floor, letting out a pained groan.
   "Fuck." She spat, wiping her nose, gripping her side, hoping nothing was broken, but severely doubting it.
    A guard came from a different hallway and looked down at her. "Lord Hathaway requests your presence." He said, voice muffled by his metal helmet.

    Her brows furrowed. "Of fucking course he does." Y/n muttered, slowly getting up from the floor while wincing in pain. She stumbled into the wall, having to steady herself. The guard simply watched, not bothering to help. Though he was a mere guard, he was miles above Y/N in status. She may now have a claim to fame because of her fighting but that doesn't rid her of her past and her status being no better than dirt.
   The guard started to walk, his armor clanking with every step. Y/N struggled to keep up, and when they started to ascend the winding staircase, she wasn't sure she'd make it. After a while of them traveling at a snails pace, the guard finally lent her a hand and half helped, half dragged her up the stairs.

    Once they reached the top, she was wheezing and wiping more blood from her lip and nose, now fully limping, favoring her right leg.
    Y/N continued to follow the guard, the crowd much quieter now that they were at the top, red curtains giving each viewing room the privacy they desired.
    To Y/N's luck and annoyance, the guard stopped. She was happy to stop walking, but seething with the fact she'd have to see Hathaway now.

    She clutched her side and moved the curtain, limping into the room.
    At the front of the room, the wall was opened and a plush velvet chair sat in front of the opening, a table with a goblet and pitcher of wine next to it. In the chair, sat the man she resented with her whole body.
   He looked over his shoulder, his mocking green eyes looking at her; and she was right, that shit grin was on his lips.
   "That fight was a toughie, hm?" He questioned with a fake pout.

   She scoffed and plopped down onto one of the velvet couch's near the back of the room, her body molding to the fabric immediately as the ache in her bones only raged on, but at least she could rest.

    The chair made a noise as it scooted across the floor, the lord getting up.
   "Don't be rude, at least say hello." He chided, his hair seeming to shine like gold in the light of the sun, something she hated because even his hair radiated wealth.
    "Fuck you." She growled before cringing in pain and shifting in discomfort.

     His smirked and tsked multiple times before standing in front of her looking down. "Your in no way to talk to me like that, miss Y/N, not in that state at least. But especially because of the predicament your in with me..." He trailed off, knowing she knew exactly what he was talking about. What deal she had made.

    When she was young, she had always been a fighter. She had scrapped many times in her city and almost always came victorious.
Except for the day she met him.

    Y/N's younger sister had always been pretty, the flower of the town. It was a pity that she was born to such status.
    Hathaway and his brother, for whatever reason, had came to their city. Most likely on business. Y/N's sister had caught the eye of his brother, a well known pimp. He decided she would be a wonderful addition to his gaggle of women, a prostitute that would pay well.
    Of course, Y/N didn't allow this, and fought them like a wild dog, daring them to try and take her. Hathaway saw this fight in her and made a deal. She becomes his fighter, and he saves her sister from being put into his brother's business.

    The young woman only huffed in response, narrowing her eyes away. "I'm doing my job for you well, there's no need to threaten me." She muttered, backing off slightly, not wanting to risk her younger sister being thrown to the wolves.
    "From what I see, your beat to shit." He snickered, and she shot him a look.
    "It's the price I have to pay." Y/N grumbled, making the taller man roll his eyes.
    "There is always the other option, darling..." He cooed, placing his hand on his hip.
    Her lip curled as he brought this up. "I'm not marrying you, Hathaway." She snarled, practically spitting his name, knowing it irritated him when she used his last and not first name.

   Flitting anger flashed across his eyes, but he just laughed it off. "God... you are so damn... stubborn!" He hissed through his playful tone, before forcefully grabbing her bruised jaw, making her cringe, his multiple rings pressing into her skin. "But I suppose thats why I love you, hm?" He smiled lightly, leaning in closer to her face, his eyes starting to close as he brought his lips to hers. She quickly began to realize what he was going for, and brought her head back, before smashing it into his forehead, head butting him with all her might.

    "Fuck!" He yelled, jerking back and placing his hand on his head, a wild look in his eye. "You won't stay strong forever, Y/N!" He yelled, gritting his teeth. "Your going to lose one day, and leave your sister with no family. No one! How selfish you are, I'm truly giving you a good deal!" He snapped, and she growled like a dog.
    "Over my dead body will I ever love you!" She snarled back. "You psycho!"

    That set him off, and in seconds his hands were on her shoulders, slamming her into the back of the couch, leaning in close. She groaned in pain, too weak to try and shove him off.
  "You don't get it," his voice lowered with an intense stare, "they won't love you forever. Even if you win and win and win, that crowd will forget your name. Right now, your an underdog, but pretty soon you'll either be forgotten or dead. Do you understand?" He tilted his head, his eyes boring into hers. "I am your only option. In the end, I am your only choice." The sides of his lips curled upwards. "And the sad fact is, deep down, you know it too," he snickered, "you will be my wife Y/N. Whether you like it or not." He breathed, before quickly pecking her forehead and leaning back up, standing straight.
    "Remember, your sisters life is in the palm of my hand, and in suite, your will is at my fingertips." He crossed his hands behind his back, looking out the opening to the arena. "Remember that." He finished.

    Her chest rose and fell quickly, hands in fists. She felt her heart squeeze from the knowing that he was right. She would do whatever he pleased if it meant protecting her sister.
    A shaky breath leased from her, not wanting to think about it. She'd fight all the way up until that day came, until he made her his wife. She'd fight even then.
    The only solace she could find in this situation was the fact that her sister would be safe and living in riches they never could have even dreamed of before.

     "Now," Hathaway spoke, bringing her eyes up to him, "let's get you cleaned up." He hummed, before going to grab the medical supplies.