12

"What? You guys are leaving?"

Ling Miaomiao's mouth was pulled wide open. "You're all leaving tomorrow, are you... all in such a hurry?"

Before she had finished speaking, countless 'dings' suddenly flooded her brain as though a dam had broken, all of it rushing out in concert.

She didn't even need to listen to know that her mission completion rate was too low. The main leads were all about to leave Taicang. She didn't even have any improvement to show on Mu Sheng's side, needless to speak of her farming enough intimacy points with Liu Fuyi. 1

"Miss Ling, " A rare warm smile from Mu Yao greeted her, "Demon hunters treat the whole world as their home. Our fate is to drift about. We have already bothered you all by staying here for so long."

There was a confident and easygoing feeling in her eyes. Especially when she said 'the whole world as their home.' Her voice was clear and crisp. She spoke in a very self-assured and confident tone just like a female knight who raised her blade against the heavens.

"It... wasn't long..." Ling Miaomiao wielded her hand and thought for a long time before very prudently imploring, "How about... you all stay for a while longer. I'm... I'm still scared."

Mu Yao smiled as she took a sip of tea. Her expression was leisurely yet staunch.

Miaomiao felt despair upon seeing this.
Turning around to Liu Fuyi, she was about to talk before Mu Sheng's voice drifted over.

"Scared? Miss Ling is still unable to sleep because you were so scared of demons?" His black pupils seemed to hold small moons within.

He half-squinted his eyes as he mocked her, "Do you need me to give you my scented sachet?"

Right after he spoke, he rapidly dumped out three or four bulging spring fragrance-colored sacks onto the tea table.

These sacks' openings had been tightly closed with bright, white ribbon that contrasted nicely against his headband.

"What? Surely Young Noble Liu's scented sachet is enough?" Seeing her hesitate, a smile that didn't feel like a smile emerged on his face.

His two slender and white hands covered up the several scented sachets as he quickly put them away.

The black lotus is so eccentric! Ling Miaomia felt a wave of coldness travel down her spine.

The black lotus is so eccentric! Ling Miaomiao felt a wave of coldness travel down her spine.

"Ah Sheng, stop joking around." Liu Fuyi cut in with a reproaching tone; helping her get out of her dilemma.

Liu Fuyi, clad in clothes more beautiful than white snow, turned around to look at her and spoke in a warm tone. "I'm very thankful for Miss Ling and Sir Ling's hospitality the last few days."

"Young Noble Liu, you don't need to thank us..." Don't be in such a rush to show your thanks...

Ling Miaomiao secretly felt anxious; but after holding it in for a long time, she squeezed out this sentence: "I want to go with you all."

It wasn't a question. It was a declaration full of strong emotions.

It turned quiet for a moment. Three different gazes all gathered on her face, all with their own expressions.

"Miss Ling, you can't joke about this kind of thing." Mu Yao scrunched up her brows. Her tone was serious as she continued: "The path of a Demon Hunter is filled with countless disasters. Not to speak of dealing with those demons, I'm afraid that just living and sleeping in great outdoors would be difficult for you to imagine."