122 (Extra 10.1)

Every time there was a new intern in the Paranormal Bureau, they would fearlessly talk to 0306.

The reason was very simple. Here, there were all kinds of creatures, ones with three heads talking at the same time, ones with wings who flew amok through the church, some with no limbs, only relying on their tentacles to wriggling around, leaving a trail of slime...... Finally seeing one which had all their limbs and facial features, it was a particularly welcome sight for them.

Not to mention, this person had a handsome appearance. He wore a finely embroidered traditional costume with tightly bound cuffs and the hair tie on his ponytail danced as he walked, full of youthful vigor. All of this added together, made him seem very approachable.

So this time, an intern of the same age group stopped him and talked to him excitedly, with the familiarity of a good friend: "Where are you going?"

The young man's eyes were downcast, his words concise as he tried to conceal the impatience in his voice: "I'm going back to work on my mission."

"Are there any spiritual rewards after completing a mission?"

"No.'

"Then..... what about your wages?"

"None of that either."

The person who asked the question, let out a short laugh and ruffled his fluffy hair, flabbergasted: "Then why are you still working here?"

Mu Sheng's patience ran out and he walked past him: "There's no why."

"Well ...... how aloof." The young intern chewed his bubble gum, mumbling to himself, but saw that the young-master-like young man turned back, as if he had something to ask.

His voice was very pleasant: "Where are the mission assignment details for book transmigrators?"

"Ah...... It's at the wishing pond."

"How can I participate in additional missions?"

Weirdo......

He doesn't even get paid, but he's a workaholic.

The intern squinted their eyes and blew a bubble, smiling at him: "Get an application form from Director Xu and go through the procedures."

4.

"0306, your application for human evolution has been rejected."

The young man's face instantly sank.

As soon as he knocked on the door of his office, he was greeted by the polished scoundrel, Director Xu, who was smiling as he held a thick stack of papers with a red "return" seal. Singing the same tune behind him was Secretary Xiao Qin.

"I'm sorry, 0306." Xiao Qin's suit was well-ironed, and he had his hair combed the same way as Director Xu, in a successful businessman's style, holding a striped folder and two dimples appearing when smiling.

The man surnamed Xu was the true head of the Paranormal Bureau, managing all sorts of things in this block of 6,000 parallel worlds. His age and species were unknown and his aesthetics were worrying. In today's world of electronic filing, he was particularly fond of and stubbornly stuck with archaic paper procedures.

In normal circumstances, Director Xu was responsible for lighting the fire, and the smiling Xiao Qin was responsible for putting out the fire.

Mu Sheng snatched the application from his hands with a somber face: "Why was it rejected again?" He flipped through the pages on the table and raised his eyes, a condescending look on his face.  Looking through his dense eyelashes, he said, "Is it because of my vertical writing? Or is it because I wrote in traditional characters?"