chapter 5

Everlyn

Both Duke and I look at the source of the voice as i spare no time and quickly cover Johannes.

"Right...i remember now Everlyn right?" He ask eyeing me from head to toe as if studying what my next move was.

"what are you hiding?"

He looks at me suspiciously when i hid my son's head on my back.
A smile spreads on his face as his eyes glisten.

"Is that my son?"

"no your highness" i said trying to sound convincing

"i don't seem to believe you..."

He says suspiciously as he walks closer to me,he sees my son who's now holding onto my dress.

"What's your baby's name?"

"Johannes...he is Johannes your highness" i said as i tried to cover my son

"Johannes... what a beautiful name..."

He says as he stands infront of me..

"May i see him?"

He asks as he stretches out his hand towards my baby.

"As i said-" i was about to tell him that Johannes wasn't his son but he cut me off

"i don't believe anything you are saying... Your baby has my eyes and you know that too..."

He ignores what i said and he looks at the baby with a kind smile.

"May i..hold him...?"

Silence filled the room...no silence was the answer

He slowly brings him close to him and rocks the baby on his arm, after listening to his mother.

The baby happily extends his hands towards Duke phileo and he carefully takes the baby from everlyn and he holds the baby with care and started to rocks johann on his arm and  looking at him with loving black eyes.

He smiled as he kissed the little boys forehead and held him close.

"Is he really my son..?"

I nodded slowly noticing that the Duke will not stop until he knows the truth

"so...why are you hiding my son...?"

He smiles gently as he holds our child close.

"Why are you afraid of me?"

The little boy looks in the dukes direction with wide bright eyes as he hugs him tight not wanting to let him go.

"i hid him for his and your safety...Phileo" i said tearing up knowing that the aristocrats world was like a war, using some people to win.

Was it my fault to get scared for my son's future?

Was it my fault to be scared that Johannes might become a puppet of society?

He looks at me with a soft smile as i talked, he understood how scary the aristocrats world was.

He gently strokes the little boys head...

"I'll protect him from anyone.... i promise."

He says in a soft and comforting tone as he looks at me, a warm look on his face...

He understood what i was saying.

"How's Niya?" I ask worriedly at the little girl's health when the duke adopted her

"she's abit bold but.. she's kind"

"she's doing excellent"

He says in a relieved tone as he continues to hold the little boy.

He looks at me with a strange warm eyes.

"You don't have to worry about her."

He smiles kindly as he looks into my eyes...
I now understood what he really is...

He wasn't like the other aristocrats... He understood my situation... He understood my fears...he understood the pain we went through....

"Aren't you busy Phileo, i mean you're a Duke" i ask out of curiosity.

"Come here Johann, your father is abit busy" i reach my hands to Johann just to get a 'hmph' as an answer

"i have many other people who help me run my estate..."

The Duke says with a kind smile as he holds Johan's little hand.

He smiles seeing how stubborn the little boy is... Just like his mother...

"Please give me a chance to prove myself to you..."

He softly asks me.

He's begging me to trust him. He knew he can't hide the truth from me forever.

"fine..." I said shyly

"And Johann didn't mommy told you not to talk rudely at the elders specially to me?" I scold him softly

"i don't care"

The little boy said with a smug look on  his face..

He crosses his arms defiantly as he keeps a stern face.

A smile spreads on the duke's face... He looks at the little boy affectionately..

"That's my son."

My head irks when the duke replied on Johannes stubboress and didn't even try to scold his son as i look at Johann

"Johann...mommy wants you to cover your eyes can you do that for me?" I said to my son as sweet as possible

"m-mommy... why..?"

Johann asked in a cute voice as he covers his eyes obediently.

The duke chuckles, his son is too cute. He just couldn't scold him and it seemed like every word he said just made him love him even more.

"mommy just gonna kill your daddy" i said smiling like a killer

"nooo mommy.. don't kill daddy!"

The little boy starts crying as he hugs the duke tightly.

It seems that the child really likes the duke, they really seem like they have a father-little boy bond.

The duke chuckles as he caresses the little boys hair.

"It's okay, Mommy is joking."

"do Johann now loves his daddy more than his mommy?" I ask acting sad

"But didn't Johann just said yesterday that he only loves me?"

"he love the both of us equally"

The duke said as he hugged Johann in a comforting way.

"But... right now... he feels safer in my arms."

He says as he looks at her with a soft comforting smile on his face.

He knew the little boy feels safe when he's around him which is why the boy likes him so much.

"really?"I said not wanting the dukes answer as i walk towards him and slap his shoulder.

it was hard but it didn't hurt the duke because of his physics

The duke just smiles and laughs..

After i slaps him, he gently places the little boy on the floor and slowly turns to look at me....

The duke gently smiles as he slowly approaches me...

With a soft..yet passionate kiss,he kissed me right on the lips.

His lips were soft and warm and...y-yummy? It makes me melt.

After the kiss, he pulls back...

"Does this answer your question.."

His voice was deep, full of emotion.

His eyes were glowing.

____
Oh my ghod guys! Was i being fast? I dont know anymore 🤧 this chapter was focused on the three family, sorry i didn't include Leona because i imagine Leona playing in the snow 😞 my English were abit mess right now