Chapter 22

Aeliana stood at the entrance to her father's office room. Her father looked as if his soul had flown out of his body. She wondered if she should have at least consulted him before chopping half of her hair off.

This all happened when she finished her test with flying colours. Madam had given her extra harder questions and tasks but she succeeded in passing them. Her curtsy and manners were up to her standards as well.

Once the test was over, Madam even said; "I'm quite surprised at how fast you are able to learn almost everything, especially at this age. It is quite a breeze teaching you, Aeliana."

Aeliana smiled in response and replied; "That is because I had the perfect teacher teaching me. Without Madam, I wouldn't have been able to learn this much."

"My, you are quite good at complimenting aren't you? Such a young age yet such an excellent student."

After Madam had dismissed her for the day, she went back to her room and called for Flora. Unable to hide her excitement, as soon as Flora came into her room, she asked her to cut her hair off.

Of course, Flora hesitated but wasn't able to resist Aeliana's puppy eyes and did what she requested. Aeliana now had short hair instead of long, reaching just a bit above her shoulders. She still had bangs as she still liked them.

Back to the present moment, Aeliana was now sitting on the couch in her father's office with a cookie in her hand.

Cassian regained his footing and told her to come inside to talk. As the maids placed some refreshments on the coffee table and left as Cassian had ordered, he looked at Aeliana with a piercing stare.

Aeliana could tell her father was trying to sort out his mind before speaking up about the situation. She simply smiled at her father and ate the cookies, and drank some milk.

"Eli I..." Cassian started but instantly was lost for words.

"Daddy does it not look good?" she questioned as she held the cup of milk in her hands.

"No it looks good!" Cassian hurriedly said but sighed afterwards and glanced away.

"But why did you suddenly cut it, Eli?" he asked as he looked at his daughter.

Aeliana lightly swung her stubby legs and said, "Because I felt like it."

Cassian blinked in astonishment before he began to laugh. He continued to laugh until his stomach hurt.

He wiped a tear from laughing and said in a gentle voice, "Do you like your short hair, Eli?"

"Yes daddy! I like it a lot!"

Cassian leaned forward and placed his hand on top of her head, stroking it softly.

"That's all that matters. I think short hair suits you too baby, I'll always support what you do, okay?"

Cassian's words reminded her of her father in her first life. Her father used to be strict yet caring, always supporting her and doing what she desired to do. The resemblance between her two fathers brought her close to tears.

She quickly shook away the thoughts and smiled happily, "Thank you daddy..!"

"Ahem!" a low-pitched voice was heard.

Cassian and Aeliana looked in the direction of the voice. It was Cassian's secretary, Oliver. He had straight short brown hair and dark green round eyes.

"My apologies for interrupting your time with your daughter, Your Grace however there are some documents that must be looked at and signed by today," Oliver spoke in a polite yet firm tone.