Chapter 60

Aeliana stood in front of her father's office desk, hands curled tightly as she looked straight into her father's eyes. He smiled, confused at his daughter's actions, patiently waiting for her to speak.

"Eli—"

"Dad can we please use another route to go to the academy!!"

Before Cassian could speak, Aeliana yelled out abruptly. He blinked and stared at her.

"Why Eli? If we use the other route, it would take us longer."

"I want to see the scenery!"

"The scenery is prettier if we use the other route—"

"No I want to see the trees! And I want to look around the town near the academy."

"Hm..Eli are you hiding something from me?"

A bead of sweat ran down her spine as she smiled and shook her head, "No, I just really want to see the trees and the town."

Cassian stared at her suspiciously, "Are you sure you are not hiding something?"

"No dad,"

He continued looking at her with suspicion but then nodded, leaning back against his chair; "Alright, you seem very eager to see tons of trees.."

Aeliana jumped and ran over to her father, hugging him as she said; "Thank you dad!!!"

'I'll protect you this time.'

Weeks flew by and it was time to head to the academy, Aeliana watched as their coachmen placed their luggage on top of the carriage.

She walked over to the carriage. The coachmen had finished loading their luggage and bowed towards her and her father as they got inside. The carriage was surrounded with guards on horses, ready to set off as well.

Aeliana turned to Chris and Miles, her usual guards stationed with her. She waved at them. Chris smiled brightly, waving back at her while Miles had a slight smile on his lips as he bowed. The carriage soon began to move, the mansion building growing smaller before she could no longer see it.

The route they were now taking would take five days to a week but she didn't mind as long as she and her father made it there safely without any issues. Every now and then, they would take a break before continuing their journey and as told, she reached the academy within six days.

They reached the hotel where they would stay and the coachmen helped unload the luggage into the hotel. Cassian talked to the hotel manager while Aeliana sat on a chair, sipping on some juice they provided for free.

She looked around the hotel, it was kept very well and there was no spot of dirt seen. Aeliana knew this establishment was meant for nobles and those who are rich. Despite safely arriving at the town near the academy, Aeliana couldn't help but still feel worried. Nothing happened during their journey to the academy which she was grateful for but her gut feeling didn't feel right.

Her father then called out her name, informing her that their rooms were prepared and she could head to her room for the night as they only reached at night. Aeliana nodded, letting out a small yawn as she hugged her father and bid him good night as she retired for the night. Chris and Miles followed behind her as well as Flora who she had brought along with her.

"We will be stationed outside your door, so if anything please let us know." Chris said with a smile.

Miles nodded at Chris' words, "Good night, young miss."

"Thank you and good night."

Aeliana headed inside her room and Flora helped her get ready for the night. She was dressed into a sleeping nightgown and bid Flora a good night before drifting off to sleep.