Chapter 62

Please support me on Patreon or Kofi!

After Claud's performance, there were still a few performances shown before it came to an end. Cassian tapped on Aeliana's shoulder and pointed towards the auditorium backstage.

She nodded and followed her father towards the backstage. After weaving through a couple of people, they found Claud packing his violin into his usual black casing.

"Claud," Cassian called out.

Claud shut his case and looked up. He looked around before finally spotting both of them. A bright smile appeared on his face, and he ran over to them.

"What did you think of my performance?" Claud asked with anticipation written across his face.

Cassian chuckled and hugged him, patting his head in the process, "It was splendid! You practised very hard for this, didn't you? Your hard work will always pay off, just like today."

Claud hugged him back before pulling away with a big grin on his face. He turned to Aeliana and poked her cheek, "What about you, Aeliana? Was I good?"

Aeliana pretended to think heavily, causing Claud to gape at her in shock. She burst into laughter before hugging him.

"I loved your performance. I always liked watching you play the violin."

Aeliana stared at Claud, whose smile grew wider and goofy in her eyes. He suddenly raised her up and twirled her around.

"So I did great, right?"

She laughed and nodded, "You did great brother."

Just as Claud placed her back down to the ground, someone walked towards them. Aeliana immediately knew who it was. She tugged on the hem of Claud's coat. He turned around and nodded.

"Hey, Eliana," he spoke.

Eliana smiled and nodded, "Your performance was great. You have improved greatly since the last time we saw each other."

"Thank you, your performance was good too. I could see your hard work and all that practice you put into it."

Eliana lightly chuckled and made eye contact with Aeliana, who stood beside Claud quietly.

"Hello, you must be Lady Aeliana, Claud's baby sister."

"Hello, it's very nice to meet you." Aeliana bowed.

Eliana had a warm smile on her face as she said, "I heard my brother gave you a hard time when you two were dance partners. On behalf of him, I apologise for his behaviour."

Aeliana blinked before hurriedly shaking her head, "No, it's alright! He had apologised to me already, so you do not need to do this."

She stared at Aeliana before letting out a short giggle. She turned to Claud and said, "Your sister is just like you say. She's very adorable."

Claud smiled and pulled Aeliana closer to him, "Right?"

Aeliana raised an eyebrow at him but didn't pull away, sticking closely to his side as he continued chatting with Eliana. After a while, she bid them goodbye and walked away. A few other people approached Claud afterwards, so Aeliana quietly slipped away.

She noticed her father was talking to the other parents who had come for this event as well, so she didn't bother him either and decided to leave the auditorium. She was pretty curious about the other parts of the academy, and now it was the perfect chance for her to explore around!

She walked out of the auditorium but just as she was about to head over to the building further down from where she was standing, she heard a voice.

"Aeliana, where are you going?"