Chapter 50

The Alston family was having their dinner. Leon and Claud had returned for the holidays so the duchy was more blissful and lively than usual. Cassian was listening to his two older sons and how their time was during the academy.

"I'm going to have a performance so it would be great if everyone could come and watch it at the academy," Claud said excitedly.

"Brother, we are allowed inside the academy?" Darius asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, for this performance it is meant to showcase our talents so family members are allowed to come."

Hearing this, Aeliana's eyes lit up. She was going to see what the academy looked like for the first time! Her excitement was through the roof and it could be seen through her face. Her brothers and father chuckled at her reaction.

Cassian nodded, "Let's go then. When is it Claud?"

Claud hummed and answered, "It should be around the end of the year. Perhaps early winter."

"That late?" Marius raised an eyebrow.

Claud nodded, "It has to be perfect since it isn't often that the academy invites important representatives to watch."

Cassian smiled, "So Marius and Darius will already be starting school by then," he turned to Aeliana and said, "Looks like it's going to be you and I who are going to be going there by carriage."

Hearing those words, something rang through her mind. Aeliana nearly dropped her utensils as she fully processed what she just remembered. Her face turned pale and she felt the food she ate coming back up from her throat.

"Aeliana?" Her father gently called out but she abruptly got up from her seat, holding her stomach and mouth as she rushed to the nearest bathroom. Slamming the door shut, she let out a gagging sound before gasping for air.

Gripping on the sink tightly to avoid losing her footing, she took deep breaths. Her pupils were constricted as her brain pounded against her head.

It was around the time on Winter when her father died in an accident. In her second life, she had faintly heard about the incident through the servants who were chatting about it through the hallways.

"I heard the Duke got into an accident when using the usual route heading to the academy..."

"How terrible...it was a fatal accident wasn't it?"

"Yes..I heard the carriage wheels broke and the whole thing toppled down the cliff..."

"...He was such a good man..how do you think the children would hold up..?"

"Surely devastated and not only that...Lord Leon is now the Duke. He is officially eighteen so he is able to gain the status."

Before Aeliana could hear more, the servants had already left. That was all she knew but it was enough for her to have a solid idea.

Her father was going to die when he goes to the academy for Claud's event. On the way to the academy, the carriage to going to break and fall down the cliff.

Aeliana was certain that was the case. She chewed on her thumb as the gears in her brain turned. Now was the case of how was she going to save him? If she went with him, both of them would die instead, and she can't ask him not to go; that plan is impossible.

'What to do what to do..' her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Eli?" she heard Darius' voice through the bathroom door.

"Are you okay Eli? You're not sick are you?"

Aeliana hurriedly washed her hands and opened the door.

"Mhm I'm fine, I felt nauseous so I was worried I might vomit but that didn't happen."

His eyes widened before cupping her cheeks and turning her face left and right lightly, "Are you sure? We should get a healer to check if everything is fine."

She shook her head and shot him a smile, "No it's alright, really. I will go rest in my room instead."

Darius shot her a disagreement look but sighed and nodded, "I'll walk you back to your room."

Aeliana nodded and didn't say anything more. Once she reached her room, Darius left her alone not without informing her that if it got worse, they would call a healer to come.

She lay on her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. She had to figure out a way to save their father from the accident.

"Alien did you fall sick?" she heard Marius' voice.

She huffed and got up from her bed, opening the door, "I'm not sick."

Marius raised an eyebrow and smirked, "I thought this alien fell sick."

Aeliana rolled her eyes and was about to slam the door in his face as she wasn't in the mood to tolerate his antics. Marius noticed this and held the door with his hand.

"Don't go slamming the door in people's faces. That's rude!"

"Hmph then go bother someone else," she grumbled.

Marius sighed and extended his free hand out, holding out a small bottle of apple juice. She gazed down at it before taking it.

"Get better," he said before sticking out his tongue and walking away.

"Thanks," she muttered and closed the door shut.

She opened the bottle and drank half of its content. She placed it down on the table and thought of something.

Wouldn't it be better if they had left a week or two earlier? Leon had once mentioned that around the academy, there was a town, so going a week or so earlier wouldn't be an issue.

However, just as she thought about that, she realised that may not work in her favour as she had no idea when her father began his journey to the academy from the Dukedom. Aeliana groaned and grabbed the bottle of juice, downing it all.

She pondered and paced around her room, trying to come up with something.

"Wait..!"

Aeliana gasped out loud as an idea finally popped into her mind.

'That's it, teleportation!'

---

Author's note: I made an ig reel for this book and realised later on that it has a spoiler in it so if you guys are interested in knowing the spoiler ! it's on my Instagram HAHAHAH

Thank you for reading this chapter! See you in the next~

P.S: Do support me on Patreon as well! A little support would mean a lot <3! See you in the next chapter