Chapter 56

When it was time for Zeru to visit for the week, Aeliana stood by the entrance feeling unusually nervous and that was all because of the tower master standing next to Zeru, holding a warm smile on his face.

"Thank you for the hospitality," the tower master spoke as he shook hands with her father.

"The pleasure is all mine, again it was thanks to your pupil that my daughter is safe and sound with us. I am eternally grateful for what he has done."

The tower master smiled and turned to Aeliana who quietly took a step back before bowing.

"Welcome to the duchy, sire.."

He chuckled, "It seems you have realised."

Hearing his words, she stiffened before nodding, "Apologies for the previous time we met."

He laughed and waved it off; "It's alright, it isn't every day someone talks to me so casually."

He turned to Zeru and lightly nudged him; "I'll come and get you after a week Zeru. Do not forget to practise everything I taught you."

"Yes, master."

After that, the tower master left, leaving Zeru. Cassian told the servants to welcome their guest and prepare a room for him before he headed back into his office to continue working. Aeliana turned to Zeru who quietly gave one of the servants his bag.

"Zeru," she called out to him.

He looked at her and nodded. She extended her hand towards him and gestured; "Let's go inside."

Zeru stared at her hand, slowly reaching out, taking her hand in his. Aeliana led him inside, giving him a short tour before stopping at the library.

"Do you want to read anything?" she asked, pointing towards the library and adding, "We have plenty of books."

"Including magic?"

"Uh-huh."

Zeru then paused. He had a hesitant look written on his face however before she could ask, he spoke up.

"Actually, do you have any books related to Cerdia?"

Aeliana pushed the doors open and curiously repeated, "Cerdia Kingdom?"

He nodded, looking around the large library, "The tower only has books related to mana and magic."

Hearing this, Aeliana hummed in response before replying; "Our library is pretty vast so we might have books relating to the Cerdia Kingdom. Let me ask our librarian."

After speaking with Loran, he was able to find a good amount of books relating to Cerdia. She thanked him and handed them over to Zeru who looked at the amount of books.

"Is this good?" she asked to which he nodded.

"Thank you," he muttered, grabbing a book out of the stack and began flipping through it.

Aeliana sat opposite him, observing his expressions. It changed every now and then. From a blank expression to raised eyebrows and even into a confused look. She couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

Quietly, she took one of the books and began flipping through it as her interest in Cerdia had piqued after Zeru brought it up. Her attention span lasted long enough until the middle of the book before she stopped.

She rather learn this in one of her tutor classes since the book she had taken was about the history of the kingdom. Aeliana was more curious about the reason why Zeru was invested in learning about that kingdom but she decided to put off the question for now since he was fully immersed in his readings.