Tᴡᴏ

The first thing you do,  once you are alone in your chambers is look in the mirror.

"Why did I write a bad ending? Why from all my stories did I get transferred into the darkest one?"

You want to disappear,  never have you ever felt so frightened in your life until you realized that you got transferred into a horror story.

And also when you met your sworn enemy.

The fact that you don't know how to get out of such a mess is causing you more distress.

The guards announce the arrival of your counselor, which forces you to calm down instantly.

"My lady, all the guests are now in their chambers, resting for tomorrow's departure"

You turn around to face your consoler,  Rowan.

Standing before you is a tall, slender man with strawberry blond hair that frames his face in soft waves.

His eyes are a sharp green that glints with intelligence and wit. He stands straight and proud, his shoulders back and his chin lifted, projecting an air of confidence and strength.

Just like how you described him in your book.

"Good" you reply,  cracking your fingers nervously,  something which he notices.

"If may I ask, is there something wrong?  You seem stressed, my queen"

The question made you stop playing with your finger.

"Yes, I just feel tired,  nothing to worry about at all" You make up an excuse.

Rowan smiles at you, but his next words make your heart drop.

"Strange, I feel like your personality changed, your highness"

You raise an eyebrow at him and cross your arms over your chest to appear confident.

"How so?"

"I don't know, you always complained about your hatred for the western king, yet when you saw him, you became friends"

You sigh, already thinking of how to respond to such doubts.

"It is better to befriend your enemy than to fight him."

Rowan narrows his eyes at you, but not in anger, but rather in a suspicious way as if not believing your words.

Sometimes, you forget that you wrote the characters bloodthirsty.

"What if he betrays your trust?"

"I know all his next moves" you admit.

It was no lie,  you do know all of David's tactics and plans.

After all,  you are the one who wrote them.

Rowan stays silent for a bit,  which makes you once again nervous.

"If that's all you may leave, my lord-"

Suddenly,  you get shoved onto your large bed,  before caging you in your place with his heavy body on top of yours.

You feel tears drip down your face.

His tears.

"Why are you acting like that? Have you grown bored with me? Are you going to abandon me for that bastard David?"