Four

"My condolences, the dowager queen has passed away, your majesty"

Listening to those words made you shiver as David stands beside you looking calm as if it was normal.

Which is very creepy.

"I wish to speak to you alone"

David's request made you order everyone to leave the room so you two could have privacy.

Once left alone with him, you quickly start apologising.

"I'm sorry for your loss, I assure you that I will find out who has done this and they shall be punished"

The emperor takes a seat, and crosses one leg over the other, which is considered disrespectful to the protocol.

"No need to because I already know the culprit"

His blue eyes narrow at you in a heinous way, and his expression turns into a smug one.

"I did not kill your mother, I'm not that stupid to murder my enemies in my own home"

David nods his head, mockingly agreeing with your defensive statement.

"Indeed...however, my people will only believe me"

You stare at him in disgust, finally realising that he is the one who set the chamber on fire, he planned all of that.

Just to blackmail.

"You are a monster, how could you have the heart to kill your mother?!" you accuse him.

David keeps calm, not irritated by your anger, as he does not care.

"Well, Rulers have to make sacrifices, just like how you are going to do now"

You grit your teeth, wanting to kill him but you can't help but blame yourself, after all...

...you are the author and that's how you wrote him.

"What do you want?"

"Marry me and let us unite the kingdom"

The sudden proposal made you roll your eyes in annoyance, not surprised.

David was always a greedy man for power and influence.

"My people and your people will cause havoc over such a proposal"

"Nothing our knights can't handle with their swords" he clarifies, uncrossing his legs.

And suspiciously opening them.

"Now, why would I marry a man who killed his mother?"

You walk over to him and place your hand on the chair's arms, looking him straight in the eyes.

"I'm not afraid of you"

"Then who are you afraid of?"

David inquires, yet he notices something intense in your gaze.

"God"

You hear a voice inside of your head say, causing you to back away, shocked.

"Say, God"

You let out a breath and obey the voice in your mind.

"God"

You reply, which in a few seconds had a destructive effect on your enemy as his calm aura finally turns into a furious one.

"Let us see how your God will protect you from my wrath"

David stands up and leaves.

Just as soon as he is out of sight, the voice inside your head starts speaking again.

"Good girl"

"Who are you?" you demand.

"Adam"

Upon processing that this is the main character you wrote a brutal death for and took his place.

You start chuckling nervously.

"Hey...I'm sorry" you apologize.

Adam only chuckles mischievously.

"Oh no, the fun is only the beginning, you will be very sorry in the future, my dear"