Chapter 55

The next day, the sky was gray and the sun had not yet risen. The emerald green branches swayed in the morning breeze, stretching their bodies, and the crystal clear dewdrops rolled down the tips of the leaves. 

The room was very quiet, and two figures were cuddled up on the bed, with an indescribable sense of intimacy. 

The long eyelashes trembled, and Jiang Ci slowly opened his eyes. The white mist slowly lifted, and his eyes gradually focused. Compared to yesterday's complete blur, he could now see things, although not clearly. 

He felt like he was wearing glasses with severe scratches. 

Not clear, but able to see things. 

Jiang Ci lowered his head and saw a small face lying on his chest. He closed and opened his eyes again, and although his vision was still unclear, he could see Su Yue's appearance. 

He remembered hearing many servants say that Su Yue was black and fat. Even if he knew she had lost weight, he didn't expect her to be beautiful. Anyway, he was blind, and as long as she felt comfortable to hold, it was enough. 

But now, looking at the white and delicate face in front of him, Jiang Ci's black eyes showed a hint of surprise. 

She was completely different from what he had imagined. Su Yue was not "ugly" at all. 

It turned out that her skin was not black, but snow-white, like a lump of white jade, no wonder when he pinched her cheeks, they were so tender and smooth. His slender nose was like infused with snow, small and lovely, topped with his black pajamas. His rosy and glossy lips were slightly open, revealing white teeth. Unable to resist, his slender fingertips touched the soft lips, and the warm fingertips pressed against the red lips, feeling soft. 

He continued to look down, Su Yue's two soft hands were resting on his chest. He held one hand and looked at it curiously. The slender and fair fingers had pink and tender nails, with a round and shiny luster. The palm was pink and healthy, and it felt boneless when pinched. 

Jiang Ci easily wrapped Su Yue's hand and kneaded it. 

He hooked his lips with pleasure. 

It turned out that he had wronged her. She was not ugly at all. 

Su Yue became restless and moved her body as her hand was being held. Her face buried in his chest turned to the other side. 

The next second, Jiang Ci saw several scars on her snow-white face, one of which was the size of half a thumb. He released her soft hand and touched Su Yue's face with his slender fingertips. The scars had already scabbed over, hard and like a few black dots on smooth white paper, very noticeable. 

This was the injury she suffered for him. 

No wonder she cried so miserably that day. She was indeed ugly. 

He lightly rubbed his fingertips over the scars and kissed them. Well, he didn't mind. 

"Don't scratch me." The low and soft voice carried a lazy and charming tone, which was so pleasant that it made people's ears itch. 

Su Yue was awakened by the itchiness on her face. She opened her eyes drowsily and accidentally met a pair of pitch-black eyes with a smile. Her long eyelashes trembled, and Su Yue blinked, continuing to look at the eyes, which had lost their smile. 

Su Yue knew she had seen it wrong. She lazily yawned and accused Jiang Ci with a spoiled tone, "Why did you scratch me? Don't you let people sleep?"

"I just wanted you to get up. Don't you have class today?" Jiang Ci raised his eyebrows. He looked at Su Yue up close. Even though his vision was blurry, he could still see Su Yue's color clearly. Because she had just woken up, her snow-white face was tinged with a light blush. He swallowed and wanted to take a bite.