Yano Nori pt. 1

During school lunch, he found himself observing his friends, Miyashiro Kohaku and Kishi Susumu. Susumu was standing the same as him but only Susumu was staring at Kohaku and Kohaku was staring back, they were in their little world. Bickering and maybe a little flustered. Nori would've denied that part but some things had changed. He tried to restrain himself, he really did, but he found himself biting on his lip and letting out tiny peals of laughter almost like a giggle, but no, Yano Nori doesn't giggle. Both of his friends stopped staring at each other in their little world and looked at him bemusedly.

"Hey, ass crack, what are you laughing about?" Usually, that would've gotten Susumu an aggressive retort back but instead, Nori covered his mouth and tried to calm down. 

He eventually did but it took a long time.

"It's nothing, don't mind me, I'm just seeing things." he waved his hand off.

Kohaku raised his brow and shook his head, "Let's just ignore him."

 Susumu agreed and they continued talking, leaving Nori in his own little world this time.

It was yesterday when he was looking out into the crowd of pedestrians and biting into his ripoff branded burger, Wc'donalds. The only problem was he had grown up with Wc'donalds and no other fast food brand like it. He chewed on his burger and furrowed his brows almost as if he was glaring into the crowd but he was just thinking. He swallowed his bite and took a sip of his soda and finally huffed a little bit of laughter. It seemed he was a fictional character. Out of all the times to come to this conclusion he had to be eating, he swears if he was more of the person fate said he was supposed to be, he would've choked on his burger. He didn't have an appetite anymore but he didn't feel like wasting his food. He still had some fries and it was only the second bite out of the burger. He untactfully stuffed his burger back into the brown paper bag and stepped into the crowd of pedestrians blending in with them. He decided it was more important to think about now rather than what he just found out. He wouldn't want any cliches popping out. Luckily the Murphy law police hadn't caught up to him and he found himself in his bed thinking.

Now he was here standing looking at his friends for confirmation, not that they would ever know. He looked at the clock and decided it wouldn't be good to be late.

"Okay, kids, I'm off," he waved again but this time with finality and didn't look back. He needed to get his priorities straight. He was known as a punk by the people who knew him and he often skipped classes and had bad grades. It was a miracle he was friends with Miyashiro Kohaku but now that he knew it was all part of some story he supposed it was a miracle.

He huffed, his character was more on the aggressive side and he was so glad he hadn't gotten those face piercings yet. He did have his ears pierced though. His hair was orange and a 'little' spiky kind of like a protagonist on an adventure. It was honestly a little annoying, not that orange here wasn't normal. He unconsciously ran his hands through his hair. Not many people knew this but he took after his mom. He had finally stopped at the entrance of his classroom to check if his teacher was there, luckily they weren't. He stepped into his classroom and all the students looked at him silently, it was honestly awkward for him. He lifted his eyebrow and bared his teeth.

"What." 

Some of his peers flinched back. He scoffed and finally found his seat, all the way in the back, The second row from the window. He knew it was uncharacteristic of him to be wearing the school uniform and go through a whole day of school but he wanted to rip the band-aid off. Even though his knowledge about predicting things was limited to such a drama-filled time at school he knew there was a future. He couldn't just treat his second chance at life as the story it was, this was his reality. All the people around him were real and if he ever thought otherwise he would still need to heed the consequences. It was his last year of middle school and they weren't in high school yet. Nori knew he was going to be stressed in the future with all his planned studying.

The teacher had come in, Mrs. Sonoda-san. She looked around her students and her eyes widened briefly before resuming her usual routine.

"Good morning class," all her students had stood up including Yano Nori.

Nori was slightly disgruntled, he had forgotten about this.

"Good morning, Mrs. Sonoda-san," everyone said, including him before sitting back down.

It had been two months from the start of the school year and Nori had hardly come to class, he had a reputation for truancy. Everyone was sure he would be sent to Namekuji High after this school year. It was known for slackers, punks, and gangs. It was normal for gangs to have turf wars lately. Nori knew the consensus and he did not want that to happen. He really had to get his life together. He almost giggled, (no Yano Nori doesn't giggle,) because he was 14 and thinking this. He was spoiled by his mother, he sighed. The students around him looked a little weary when he did that. He was one of the only two students in the last row. The other student who sat by the window wasn't there it seemed. His mother was a florist but for some reason, he turned out like this. Throughout the whole day no one had made comments about his participation nor was he called after class. Which was good, he didn't want to make a big deal out of it.