Cillian, in the future, excerpt.

A-N: this is like a slice of life moment that takes place in the future. Timeline may change but this does happen eventually. Also I just wanted to post something and this so happens to be collecting dust.  On to the story! 👹👹👹
-------

It had been 6 months since I saw Alistair. The last time I left him, he was 11 months old.
Appearing into the room, he stood straight wearing miniature noble leisure attire.
His bow was crooked and getting fixed by Tennyson but he only made the bow more loose.

“That isn’t odd at all,” I mumbled to myself.  I turned my head to Amelia, “His bow needs to be fixed,” prompting her to fix Alistair’s bow and making them conscious of our presence.

Tennyson looked up from his bent position and beamed a smile, “Silly Cilli,” He straightened himself out before making a rush towards me and tackling me in a hug.

“Look, Look, Ali can walk and talk, and play and I got a new horse and my friend…” off he went, looking up at me and shouting into my ear.

“That’s very nice Tennyson,” I gave him a gentle smile while moving his hands from around my waist to his sides.

I was distracted with the safety of the bow and the prospect of how many noble babies had been choked by the improper ties. Too bad they didn’t have clip-ons, figures. (But that too was a choking hazard.)

“I brought a simple gift for you two,” I added.

It wasn’t a problem if they didn’t like them, it was really the principle of appearances besides Tennyson was a noble and until recent was the baby of the family, he had everything he wanted or could want. With a movement of my hand, a servant brought two boxes. Tennyson being the nearest received his present. It was a brown gold square box with a chiffon gold and black ribbon. I was afraid that the boxes would look tacky but my worries were assuaged when I figured that nobles always had a way of making objects attain a certain refinement. He didn’t open it right away, which was unusual for him but I didn’t worry too much about it. I walked to Alister who briefly escaped Amelia’s clutch and bent down on one knee.

“Here you go,” I personally gave him a round box the color of seafoam blue decorated with a sheer seafoam green ribbon.

He took the box but it was big compared to his stature which was to be expected. He was probably cursing me in his head, like an isekai parody. He clumsily fell on his rump with the round box in front of him.

“Thank fyu,” I was surprised (even if barely perceptible on my face) by the clarity of his child sounding words. It was Isekai bullshit, I tell you. Honestly, to see it in practice was an ominous experience. With his round blue eyed stare and his cyan hair, he was doll-like with the exception that interaction with him was more immediate and sympathy garnering.  

“You’re welcome,” a light smile made its way into the corner of my lips, I didn’t want to seem overly-enthusiastic.  Or maybe I should, then it would be easier for him to get tired of me but if I came off as neutral and stoic there would be doubt if I would help him whenever he was in need.  A sharp look appeared in my eyes contemplating the benefits of both appearances before it was gone.  I watched him reach for one of the seafoam green hoops that kept the cover tight to the rest of the box.

Inside was a weighted stuffed animal, a dumb droll blue colored bird. It was not of a specific species, it only had the simple characteristics of a bird where you could easily go “ah, yes, that is a bird.” I had a small peculiar smile on my face while thinking about it. I would've asked if Alistair liked the gift but I thought it was cruel knowing I found too much amusement out of the dumb looking toy. I found the fat bird cute, perhaps an unusual paper weight if not a distraction.