Crown Prince Noe; The Tyrant pt. 3

I'm sitting at my table in a daze under the tall window lighting my room when a person knocks at my door.

"Come in," my voice is childish.

A maid enters with a vanilla folder in one hand a pleasant expression on her face before walking over and bowing.

"Greetings and blessings to the crown prince." She looks up, never making eye contact with me. All my servants always look at my left cheek.

I give her a nod, a signal to proceed.

"The empress told me to give this to you," she presents the vanilla folder with both hands.

I take it from her but not before shuddering and placing it at the table I'm sitting at.

She bows again until I dismiss her.

"What is this..." I mutter to myself.

I am hesitant to unfold it, to see what's inside.

I stare at it before I use all my impulsive courage to open it. I guess I opened it too fast that the first paper flew out onto my bedroom floor, this so happens to reveal the second piece of paper, a document. I only notice because of the vibrant cherry pink that I've been trying to ignore. A picture of a youthful girl in maid's attire is staring at me, her eyes hopeful and serving, patriotic.

I suck in a breath and push myself out of my chair, more papers sliding on the table.

My hand's are on my head and I'm instantly crouching. The pace of my breathing getting rapid, more conscious.

"What the fuck...." I whisper harshly

What the fuck. The pull on my hair is harder. I'm only six, I'm only six.

It's bullshit. I can't even properly lie to myself or tell myself what should be the truth.

"She's crazy..."

I'm scared to stand so I just sit on my knees, I notice the first paper, the document that flew out.

I grab it and feel the contrast between the carpet and the smooth document.

Dear Noe

This is a present of knowledge

From your beloved mother, The Empress.

She's fucked up. I hiss. Anger bubbles up and I finally stand, roughly in a rush, and go back to the table. I read the document no matter how much it hurts, no matter how much I put it in the back of my mind...

I continue to the next document with more information. The maid who gave me the folder was the older sister of the girl.. She.. Fuck..

No wonder she was so cheerful. A low-class maid, given an order by the Empress. A maid who has no clue about the power plays.