Chapter 16

The next morning, I woke up to someone knocking at our door. Ms. Aizawa was trying to wake us up.
I barely slept this night, but my friends made me feel a little bit better.

"Why do we have to wake up so early every day?" Haruka started complaining before she even opened her eyes.
This time, I was able to get up a lot faster than the last time. Even Kaoru was surprised by this.

"I'll go to the bathroom and brush my teeth," I informed them.
"Already? Can't you wait for us?" I heard Haruka ask, but I already opened the door to leave.

"Come Kaoru, hurry!" She called out to Kaoru, who was calm as ever.
But I rushed towards the bathroom.
I knew that Mr. Ishizawa would check if everyone was awake by now, so I just wanted to avoid him as much as I could.

*Time skip*

After we were all done, we went outside. Two tour guides were waiting for us there.
We were separated into two groups, but this time Kaoru and Haruka were in the same one as me.

Narrator's POV

To your surprise, Ms. Aizawa was the teacher who joined your group. She looked relieved. Mr. Ishizawa, on the other hand, was rather upset.

The whole tour went quite well and you really began to enjoy the class trip with your friends. After a while, your group made a short break at an ice cream parlor. Everyone got themselves a scoop of ice cream there.

You decided to sit down with your friends at a small fountain, to enjoy the sweet treat.
"I really thought this would be so boring, but now I kinda like the tour," Haruka said, taking a lick of her ice cream.
"I agree, we should spend more time like this together. How about doing something tomorrow since nothing is planned?" Kaoru looked at the both of you with a generous smile.

"Do you remember the Onsen we talked about on our first night? Let's go there tomorrow." Haruka began to talk exited.
"Wait, there are still other nice things we could do." You tried to find excuses, as you just really didn't want to go there.

"Then let's do it in the evening. We will have plenty of time for everything that way." Kaoru responded in a teasing tone.

"But -" You started to protest and immediately got interrupted by Haruka.
"This will be amazing!" She got even more excited and almost fell into the fountain, because of it.

You were able to grab her hand in time. "You need to take care!" You said, and Haruka just started laughing.

"You are just like my Mom." She said and giggled.

"Wait for a second, this is a wishing well. Do you guys have a penny?"

Kaoru asked and took out a little coin from her purse. "Oh, great idea... let me just... there!" Haruka also got a coin, but you just looked at them. "Sorry, I didn't bring any money with me today..."

"May I help you?" You suddenly heard a familiar voice.

It was Mr. Ishizawa. You didn't notice that the other group also arrived to take a break.

He handed you one of his coins and smiled gently. Your friends just watched in utter confusion.

You hesitated. "Thank you." You spoke quietly. It seemed that Kaoru noticed that something was off. She pulled you closer by your waist.

"Come now, let's make a wish!" She smiled at you and Haruka, dragging you away from the teacher who was now clenching his fists.

"Takuma, is everything alright? You look a bit stressed." Ms. Aizawa suddenly appeared behind Mr. Ishizawa.