The Tragedy

Arnav singh Raizada was furiously tapping on the keyboard , even though his mind was wandering somewhere else . All he could think was Kushi , her tear filled eyes.

"Dammit " he muttered closing his eyes "Kushi kumari Gupta , how dare you ? , why are you not answering my calls ?"

He kept his eyes closed, His heart was restless today , he don't know what was wrong but he felt something terrible was going to happen.

Flashback of morning

He was so annoyed with Aman for delaying the meeting with MR. Mehta.
He was about to go out of the room while his head ducked in the file when she bumped into him as usual and the papers in file scattered around the place.

ASR: "kabhi tho ankhe khol ke chala Karo Kushi kumari Gupta"

(For a change , open your eyes and walk Kushi kumari Gupta)

She din't fire back at him which was a rare occassion.

As soon as Arnav saw her tear filled eyes , his face softened .

Arnav : "kya hua Kushi? Tum thik ho?"
He asked softly

(What happened Kushi? Are you okay?)

She didn't say anything but tears continued to flow from her hazel eyes.

He had meeting with Mehta in 2 min. But , it didn't matter to him anymore, all he can focus was on her tears.

Why did her tears made him uneasy ?

Arnav : Kushi , please tell me what happened? Does your bauji not feeling well ?

She shook her head no , still crying.

Arnav : Then what is it Kushi ? Did Mami say something mean ?

She shook her head as no again looking at ground.

He slowly put his hand under her chin and made her to face him.

Arnav : what is the matter Kushi ?
His every word was laced with concern.

Her eyes screamed pain and his heart felt it, his teeth clenched at the realization .

Arnav : Did your fiance....

She didnt left him to continue and hugged him tightly as if he was her only hope. She started to sob uncontrollably.

Arnav froze for sometime by her sudden action , but her sound of sobs pierced his soul . He fisted his palm tight , clenched his jaw and shut his eyes tight for few seconds to stop himself from puching the shit of her so called fiance.

Arnav carefully caressed her hair : Tell me Kushi, what did he do to you?

She looked up to meet his eyes.

Kushi : Arnav ji vo..... Vo..

Her body jolted with the ring of her mobile .

She looked at him with her red puffy eyes one last time before wiping her tears and answered the call.

Kushi on call

"Ji buaji , hum bass nikal rahe hai"

(Yes buaji , I'm just leaving )

She cut the call and was about to leave when Arnav's hand held her's.

Kushi : what are you doing ?

Arnav : Answer me what happened to you ? What did your fiance do ?

Kushi: I'm getting late Arnav ji , please leave my hand and I'm sorry that I broke down for a moment.

He couldn't hold back his frustration and he hel her arms and shook her .