Nightmare and...you?

Arnav's POV

I carried unconscious Di to the guest room , all the family members gathered around in concern. Doctor arrived and examined her.

"Don't worry , Mr Raizada. She is just stressed. Take care of her"

I accompanied our family doctor Mr. Rishi Mathur to the door way.

"Dr. Mathur , thanks for coming in such a late hours"

"Don't thank me Mr. Raizada , I owe you alot "

"I want to ask one more favor from you Mr. Mathur "

"Yes, tell me "

"Can you recommend any good psychiatrist ?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"This is happening all because of you Chote , you would have not exposed Shyam like that , Poor Anjali bitiya , she might have got such a shock" Nani exclaimed

"What are you saying ? I shouldn't have exposed Shyam ? He was betraying two familes, he played with Di and kushi's life , he might be Kushi's murderer ... And you think I should have sat back and watched silently ? What are you even saying Nani?" This day couldn't get any worse , now she is blaming me for all this ?

"I'm saying , you should have not taken this rash decision of exposing him like that suddenly , you could have talked to me first .."

"And what diffrence that would have made , you would stop me like always.
Nani , I know Di is very sensitive towards shyam and she is very fragile now , but she has me , she has us , her family. She will move on soon. And also I will contact the best psychiatrist  to help her "

"What do you mean by you will contact psychiatrist"?

"Yes Nani, Di needs help of psychiatrist" then I explained everything to her about Di's sudden change in behaviour , I showed her my hand with nail mark and a dried blood.

It took some time for her to register what I was saying . Then her expression turned into anger.

"Are you suggesting my Anjali bitiya is mad? After all the things she sacrificed for you , you returning her unconditional love by labelling her mentally unstable ? Didn't you think for once she might be in lots of sadness , in one day her life has turned upside down , her dreams are shattered. What do you expect her to do?"

"Nani , you are taking me totally wrong , yes, she is sad and she might be in shock . These negative emotions can lead into depression ,this can be prevented through proper medication and therapy .

If we seek out to psychiatrist, it doesn't mean Di is mentally unstable. It's to help her move on from her trauma.
One in 5 people seek help of psychiatrist and therapy today , it's not a big deal Nani.

For each person , the capability to overcome these negative emotions are diffrent, some can do it more easily then others. But some stays stuck in the loop, that is where psychiatrist come in picture , to help them. Mental health is as important as physical health , please understand it. And Di is my sister , I only think we'll of her" I tried my best to make her understand.

"Stop it chote , how can I forget. You are his blood , Arvind Malik . He blamed my Ratna as "mad women" , and now you are blaming my Anjali bitiya with the same tag. You proved his maliciousness is alive within you"

Nani's words stabbed my heart and the pain I felt was unbearable. How can she compare me with that man who murdered my mother.

I looked at her with pain struck face
"Why do you hate me Nani " the words slipped my tongue.