Chapter Four

(Third Person POV)

(Years ago)

Isamu: "You're too slow, stop telegraphing your moves."

Gojo tried to land a hit on his teacher only for the older man to effortlessly duck and move behind him leaning on the student's back mockingly.

As per his teacher's instructions, Gojo had to not use his infinity during combat training as to not solely rely on it in a fight. Isamu L/N believed every sorcerer should learn to take a punch no matter how powerful they may be.

The white haired first year turned around only to be swept off his feet while Geto tired to strike from behind before being dodged and flipped onto his back in one fluid move.

Isamu: "Geto for the last time be light on your feet if you're going to ambush someone."

Both of the students had been spending their summer in the L/N estate.

Isamu: "Ogi Zenin, it's been a while since we last spoke."

Ogi: "Indeed. I was hoping we could have a chance to speak privately.

The special grade sorcerer looked back at his students.

Isamu: "Geto, Satoru, go inside and rest. You're both done for the day."

He turned to his guest.

Isamu: "Please, follow me."

The two former classmates entered the home and removed their shoes before stepping into the rest of the estate. Pieces of art and weapons in display cases was seen all throughout the home, all representing a piece of history of those who resided in the estate over the last thousand years. The building and property had been renovated many times to fit the current era but it still kept its traditional architecture.

The two men eventually made their way to the office where they sat across for each other. There was a fence silence before one of them spoke, their last conversation was anything but friendly.

Isamu: "Would you like any refreshments why you're here? Coffee? Tea? Water? Something stronger?"

Ogi: "Thank you but that won't be necessary. I must say your students your great potential."

Isamu: "Thank you. They are both are still young but I truly believe they will be greater sorcerers then me. I'm surprised you decided to reach out."

Ogi: "I'm surprised you accepted."

Isamu: "Of course. I know we have our differences but you are still a fellow sorcerer and more importantly a former comrade."

Ogi: "You never were one to hold a grudge."

Isamu: "Contrary to popular belief I prefer to keep my list of enemies short."

Ogi: "I find that very hard to believe."

They both smiled as they took themselves back to a simpler time. A time when they where not weighed down by politics and where just two young men against the world.

Ogi: "We really where quite the team weren't we?"

Isamu: "Indeed. How are your children?"

In an instant the mood seemed to of soured at the mention of the twin sisters but the Zenin took out a folder full of documents and set it on the desk

Isamu: "What's this?"

Ogi: "They are exactly why I am here. Maki has no sorcery and Mai is a coward, as of now they have nothing to offer the clan other than being a source of shame."