Chapter Twelve

(Third Person POV)

The six of them stood in the woods waiting for the word to begin as Gojo spoke over the intercom.

Gojo: "We're starting in one minute. Now, let's hear a few words of well-appreciated encouragement from Iori Utahime."

Utahme: "Huh?! U-Uh...."

Y/N could feel Gojo snickering from here.

Utahme: "Um, some degree of injury will be unavoidable, but, um... now and then, help each other out... or something..."

Gojo: "Times up."

Utahme: "Hey! Gojo you little..."

Gojo: "Now, let the sister school exchange event begin!"

Y/N used his sorcery to enhance his speed and left his team behind towards his first objective, speech was going to be essential for his first step. The others ran in formation as Yuji was curious about something.

Itadori: "Where do you think the cursed spirit odd is?

Panda: "It was probably unleashed halfway between both schools, Y/N ran ahead to intercept it."

Meanwhile Y/N moved through the trees until his senses detected his target. The sorcerer grinned as he closed in on his prey as his fist forms a long needle, Y/N decided this one was more valuable alive for now. After all, this may be a competition but  he had been dying for a chance to take his experiments to the next level.

(Timeskip)

After putting the finishing touches, Y/N moved to track down Itadori. The first year was given the less then enviable task of fighting Aoi Todo but he was determined to win. After seeing Yuji fight in their sparring and adding the additional training he received in those two months Y/N figured his underclassman would at least not be a push over.

However there was the problem that the higher ups still wanted Sukana's vessel dead and Y/N knew the higher ups where not above cheap tricks to achieve their ends. Thankfully finding Yuji would be easy since Todo tended to be quite load while leaving a breadcrumb trail of destruction. Y/N would of been more concerned but thankfully the first grade knew Yuji was an excellent close quarters fighter and had a cultured taste in women.

The heard a explosion to his eleven o'clock hand and two minutes later saw Momo in the sky on her broom. She was an excellent scout but a dead giveaway for anyone trying to find the Kyoto students. Suddenly Y/N heard gunshots and realized they where already on Yuji causing him to double time it.

Before the Kyoto students could do anything else the Tokyo student leader appeared and drew a crimson weapon from his wrist and stood on his guard. So far he believed this was going well since Kyoto was distracted from the game's main objective, buying his school valuable time.

Y/N: "So I'm willing to bet your principal set you guys up for this. That's the problem with the higher ups, they are very predictable. Itadori Yuji is under my protection so I'm afraid-"

Todo: "Too bad, I already called dibs!"

Yuji disappeared into the brush after Todo punched him deeper into the wood to give chase. With a sigh he looked to see he was surrounded by the rest of the Kyoto students now instead of Yuji.

Y/N knew individually he could beat any of them but the problem was their teamwork and coordination where good enough to pose a threat. He decided it would be easier stick to the plan.

With that he rushed Mai who he knew would do everything to avoid facing him in close quarters and the moment she got out of the way he used his sorcery to enhance his body and booked it back to the campus.