22

"Hey, guys. Good morning."

Amal cleared the rasp in her throat and adjusted the recording camcorder to perfect the angle.

"I'm sorry I sound weird, I slept really late last night." She cleared her throat again. "This is my first vlog for Zayd and Hanan's wedding and I cannot wait for you guys to see it. It's Saturday the 5th of June, and I am about to pick Catherine up so we can go together to pick Hanan."

She turned her head to see Catherine walk out of the mansion she co-owned with Sunday.

She continued. "Zayd was to pick her up but he had to leave to ensure that everyone finds their way to the company. We decided to use the executive boardroom of Architected by Zayd Dantata because it's big enough to take everyone. Tomorrow, In Shaa Allah, the ladies will have their own meeting. But let's just focus on today's first."

The passenger door went open and Catherine got in. She smiled tiredly. "Hey, Amal." She glanced at the mounted camcorder. "Are you recording already?"

Amal nodded, smiling back. "You look tired, Cath."

"I am." Catherine ran a hand through her long, relaxed hair with a sigh. "Packaging Kayan Zance is stressful. It's more stressful when it's done without the knowledge of the bride."

Amal put the car in reverse. "I completely understand. Let's get Hanan before we start running late. Zayd already told me to better be there on time." She snickered. "He's so going to kill me."

"Omo, that man will kill all of us before this wedding finishes." Catherine laughed, putting on her seat belt. "We've succeeded in pushing him away from his fiancé and he's just watching us."

Amal stepped on the gas pedal. "He'll deal with it...How are you feeling about the meeting today, Catherine?"

"Guy, I'm excited! I thought it about all night and I know for a fact we're going to see Zayd and Hanan argue because their definitions of a small wedding actually differ. Then the families will meet themselves and all of that." She paused to laugh. "I'm actually waiting for that moment of realization when Hanan discovers who actually owns the house she had been working on all this time."

Amal's smile dimmed. "We have a problem with that..."

Catherine frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"It was yesterday that it clicked in my head. The house is opposite's Asma and Ahmed's."

Catherine's stomach dipped and her eyes widened. "Please tell me you're joking."

Amal sighed. "I wish I was, Cath. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed right now because it's too late to move things to another duplex. Zayd said we shouldn't bother about it. It's not as though she'll run into Asma all the time."

"Has Asma spoken to you since Eid?"

Amal shook her head. "No, she hasn't." She made a turn, towards the City Gate. "I'm not going to force her to talk to me. If she comes around, it'll make me happy. If she doesn't, I'll live with it. I'll be fine, Catherine."

Catherine looked at the camcorder. "Are we adding this conversation to the final video?"

Amal laughed and shook her head. "No, we'll cut it out."

"Alright, that's a relief. Let's just focus on Zayd and Hanan for now. Asma will come around."

"I hope so."

"Me too."

Hanan met them outside the gate when they arrived and she got into the backseat. Amal turned the camera towards her.