$ 35 $

I glanced at the handsome man sleeping beside me. My boyfriend. And I am so lucky. He appeared quiet and calm to me. I traced my fingers along his jawline, his subtle slightly pricking my fingers. Next, I loomed over him to peck his lips.

A smirk formed on Adrian's lips and I pulled away. I slapped on his cheek.

He opened his eyes and scowled at me. "This is not fair, little girl."

"For how long were you awake?"

"An hour ago!"

"What were you doing then?"

"I was watching you. Then I shut my eyes when I saw you waking up."

I drew circles on his chest and thought about us. I pushed him enough yet he is here for me. Maybe it's time I show him my love, "Shall we live together?" I asked.

He angled his head to peek at me and responded with ecstasy, "I am always ready for it."

I gave once over to my place. "Mine is small it might be inconvenient for you."

"Jazmine, I once lived in an apartment smaller than this. But yeah there is my complete work setup which if I disturb might take a day or two to set again." 

"Fine!" I climbed down from my bed without wasting a second, and announced to him, "I will pack my things."

"I will freshen up then we will go to the Morning Cafe. I want to introduce you to someone." Before I questioned out of curiosity, he was already inside my bathroom. 

We drove to the cafe, where I worked for the past four years. Adrian approached me and grabbed my hand. I asked him a hundred times about his secret guest.

He dragged me inside the kitchen, "why are we going here?"

"Claver!"

Claver, my ex-boss spun with furrowed brows but when he saw Adrian a big smile formed on his lips that spread all the way to his hazel eyes, "Adrian!" He called with enthusiasm and then he glanced at me and cock his brow, "And who you have here?"

"I guess you know her. Jazmine, Claver, and my mom were best friends. Every year he bakes the cake on her birthday for her."

"I recall it, you always said to me when I wanted to eat it, that it's a special cake for the special person in your life."

"Ehem!" He cleared his throat with awkwardness, "I will get you both coffee and croissant." We both sat on an empty chair.

Out of the blue Adrian started, "I appreciated long back that he had a crush on my mom. I sometimes wonder if they were couples, she might have been alive. Even though it has been years he still recalls her and mourns."

"Here is your coffee!" Claver placed our order in front of us. It was the first time he served me coffee. Then he placed his palms on the table and pried,  "And tell me more about you two. What are you both actually?" He probed, glancing intermittently at us.

"I am doing an internship at Martinez Construction. And you might know that he is Aliyah's big brother!" I acknowledged him.

"Yeah, I know that..." He was interrupted when a helper called him from the kitchen. He excused himself and walked inside the kitchen.

"But Aliyah doesn't know about him and me!" Adrian resumed, "Actually neither Aliyah nor Carter knew that I am their half-brother."

"That's the reason she never said to me. But they love you so much."

"I know. Even after I left them and went to Italy they still liked me."

"Ali missed you a lot when you were in Italy. She always speaks about you," I shared with a small smile.