15- Surfs Up Gentlemen

~Song: Love and War in your Twenties

The water churned under my feet as I brushed my wet hair away from my face.

"Look, if I lived with a girl I would have hit that by now." Ryan said earning a disgusted look from Luke

"Ryan, I am right here." Luke said

Ryan threw his hands up in defense

"I wasn't talking about Nora, I was just saying in general. In Finns case it is Nora."

Luke shook his head before squinting his eyes to look back at the incoming set of waves.

It was a calm night, nothing intense. But I'd grown accustom to Luke and Ryan afternoon surf sessions.

It was a big friend group, with mainly girls, so when just the 3 of us got to hang out we took it.

"No matter the girl, it would be to risky with the parents around." I said fiddling with my new leash around my ankle

"Ah but the risk makes it fun." Ryan stated wiggling his eye brow.

Everyone had been right when they explained Ryan to be a man whore, because he was. He had 3 hobbies: boating, surfing, and woman.

I placed my hands in the water moving them back and forth to feel the current.

It was dying. The set that we were currently talking through was probably going to be the last one for the night.

"All this surfing, you gonna join a surf club soon? Join some competition?" Luke asked changing the conversation

I shrugged, trying not to show my true feelings.

"I don't know." I said trying to play it cool.

Truth was, I'd looked up the Masters Surf Academy and Brookers Surf Academy.

Overall, Kia was right. Brookers was the better Academy.

They had more wins, better surfers, more connections, and better sponsors.

It was no wonder Nora had started out with the Brookers, they were the better place to be.

Maybe its the place I should start?

But how would I tell Nora and everyone else?

They all made it very clear that they hated the brookies.

But I only had one summer to make my name in the surf world, and it seems the brookies could do that.

I had been waiting for an opportunity to run into Kia and ask her to set me up for a try out.

Something under the radar, so Nora wouldnt have to know until a competition. Not for a long while, because I did have a feeling it would break her heart to see me as a brookie but I had to make my name fast.