42- No Salt

"Look, I'm just saying

"Look, I'm just saying. If I had a chance, I'd get a sugar daddy." Leah stated with a shrug.

"God Leah we work on a boat dock, plenty of old rich guys come here every days. If you wanted one, you would already have one." Ella stated.

Her comment making me, Sam, and Maddie laugh.

The sun was high in the sky, heating up my skin as I laid face down on the dock.

It had been a busy day, but around noon things started to slow.

Next to me Sam was also tanning, her already tan skin growing darker.

"What time is it?" Maddie asked before drinking out of her water bottle.

"I don't know maybe 4:30." Ella replied leaning back to look at the clock in the gas house.

A nice breeze came through the air, instently cooling down my hot skin, making me wish I was in an air conditioned room.

With a large sigh, I rolled from my stomach to my back before sitting up.

"Do you guys have practice tomorrow?" I asked, squinting before grabbing my sunglasses

"Yeah, at like 3ish." Sam replied rolling onto her stomach. "So right in the middle of your practice."

I nodded my head, looking out at the bay.

The sound of a small car motor in the distance came and went before it returned to the normal sounds of the wind and birds.

"Knock knock." Ryan called walking through the boat house with Luke and Finn following.

"Thought we'd come join the party." Luke said laying down on the dock

Finn walked over with a smile, kissing me before sitting down.

Instinctively I rested my head on his shoulder.

Silence filled my group as we all sat there, all of us equally bored out of our minds.

"Well fuck, yall are no fun." Ryan stated

"Shut up Ryan." Ella, Maddie, and Leah said at once.

Finn laughed to himself at their quick snap back to Ryan, and I let a smile cross my face.

"I've got some beer left over from last week." Luke offered and Maddie scrunched up her face.

"I'm done with alcohol, I had the worst hang over last time." She explained

"You said that last time, and the time before that." Sam said her voice mono tone.

"Who's boat?" Leah asked.

Everyone went silent, no one offering up their boat.

"We can use mine." Finn offered.

I smiled as everyone quickly agreed.

"Alright 9 o'clock tonight on the Henry's dock, Luke's brining drinks." Ryan said, recapping.

As the summer went on Finn had become quite the 'pro-surfer'. O'Neal had taken a large interest in putting both of us on the cover together.

So much so, it quickly caught his parents attention.

After a visit, and some long consideration Finns parents realized the benefit Finn had gained by staying here this summer and purchased a house down the road from mine.

As well as a dock and boat from my dad.

Finn was no longer just visiting, but now a permanent resident of Ocean Bay.

Not to mention this year's State championship at the surf competition.

"Could someone bring food?" Sam asked as she pulled on a t-shirt, her skin getting redder by the second.

"Congrats, you just volunteered yourself." Finn stated earning a glare from Sam.

I rolled my eyes before standing up.

Our shift had officially ended, it was 5 and dinner time.

The mention of food making me hungry.

"Our shifts up guys." I stated looking around the dock at my group.

I smiled as I looked at them, knowing life was perfect, this summer though it had had its ups and downs had been perfect.

There would always be a surf rivalry in Ocean Bay, but what fun would there be without one?

Walking into the gas house, I clocked out.

I looked at Finn with a smile as we excited the house and walked towards the road, his hand holding mine as he walked closest to the road.

"Dinner plans?" He asked and I shook my head

"I don't have any, I was thinking about eating out." I replied knowing my parents would still be busy at the yacht house.

"Fish tacos sound good?" Finn asked

I shook my head, fish tacos sounded great.

Life was like a wave, in my case at least.

I'd been tossed off, washing machined, nose dived, and cracked my board in half.

Held under, feeling like I was going to run out of air.

But I'd also had some fantastic rides, some I'd never forget.

No matter the good or the bad, it all came down to knowing I had control of the choices I made.

And that in the end, it all works out.

Words: 851

*ok in all honesty, this may not be the end of the book. It was just getting sooo longgg. So I stopped and called it good.

Who knows I could get bored and add onto it but don't hold your breath (hahaha get it, because swimming and surfing... yeah, that was bad.)

Anyways! Thanks for reading!

Thanks for commenting and liking!

Please feel free to check out the other stories on my page as well!

Have a good summer and surfs up!