Chapter No 3 Unknown Gesture

"I am sure this will look good on you on engagement day," Selena said while touching my dress. It was a beautiful red cross backlog long tailed dress. The sleeves were short and umbrella puffed. My long hair was going down my breasts. The dress was fitted perfectly around my slim built body.

I looked at herself in the mirror. I was looking beautiful but there was prominent sadness inside my big green eyes.

"Come on smile, you are going to get engaged soon," said Selena.

I smiled finely. Marrying someone who is not a mate was killing me from inside. I don't want to marry someone who is a big bully and this marriage was just for the damn territory and the heir, I was just a golden cup to be given away by my father.

I gave my card to the cashier, I got this card from my father yesterday as he asked me to buy 'thing' for the engagement. How he loves me, yeah, I am glad.

"Your payment is already made," said the cashier.

"Who? Is it Alpha Nathan?" I asked, all of a sudden.

"No mam," said the cashier.

"Then who?" I asked, irritated.

"A woman came this morning, she said Alpha's daughter will come here and she will select this dress," said the cashier.

"What?" I was stunned.

"What woman?" Selena asked.

The cashier shrugs.

"I am sorry madom, I don't know, I am afraid," he said firmly.

"But how can we accept this, she is Alpha's daughter, anyone could plot against her," said Selena, concerned.

"It's okay Selena, I am doomed anyway so it does not matter if Alpha's daughter is given some random gift to be killed," I said, expressionlessly and grabbed the box that was carrying the dress and walked out of the shop.

Selena gave me a sigh before following me.

***********

"Nothing should be changed Nathan remember, the deal is deal, if you change it later you know me," said my father while raising an eyebrow.

Alpha Nathan was sitting there expressionlessly.

"I know Alpha how desperate you are to have a male heir, so yeah, I am ready to give it to you but in return I need affiliation with you territory, after all the heir would be my seed," he said with a smirk.

My father gave him a sigh and they shake hands thus sealing my faith.

***********

"Where are you, hurry up, we are getting late," Selena was shouting without any reason, all of the preparations were done and now she wanted to apply a mask on my face.

"Oh come on, Selena, I don't want to apply this shit on my face," I said while pointing towards the green liquid she was holding.

She rolled her eyes.

"You are soon to be bride and why are you acting like you are going to attend the funeral?" she asked me, frustrated.

I gave her a sigh.

This is more of a funeral to me.

Just then her expressions changed and I knew she was talking through mind-link (werewolf could talk telepathically inside the pack, it is known as mind-link).

"Selena, I am leaving Alpha said I have to do patrolling tonight," she said, exhausted.

I chuckled.

"If I were Alpha I would have asked you daily. I know how much it annoys you to do security duty on the edge of the territory," I said, laughing but something broke in me by the word Alpha.

Alpha, which I was born, but I cannot rule.

"Yeah and as a beta and your best friend I would have dragged you there with me," she said.

I rolled my eyes.

"See you in the morning," she said and walked out of the room.

"I wish I had a wolf, this would have not ever happened," I whispered and fell on my bed.

I closed my eyes and a tear fell down from the corner of my eyes.

"Oh moon goddess, if I had to become a wolf-less girl, you would have made me human," I said, sadly.

Suddenly, she felt anxious. I had never felt like this before. I opened my eyes and got up.

I placed my hand on my heart; my heart was beating so fast.

"What is happening to me? I might have taken too much stress, oh relax Ember, you gonna give yourself a heart attack," I said, scolding myself.

I took a deep breath.

"Maybe I need some time alone," I muttered while getting up. I walked towards my window and looked down. It was almost a full night and in one or two days it would appear full, something I wonder what wolves feel at that night.

I gave a sigh and slowly climbed up on the window. My room was on the first floor and I could definitely break my skull by jumping from here. I touched the surface of the pipe near my window and grabbed it in no time. Swing my body down slowly finally touched the ground. Yeah, you might wonder why I am going through the window if I have a door in the house. My father will never allow me to go to that place where I was heading to in the middle of night.

I walked slowly towards the forest, only trained wolves were allowed to enter that area of the territory because it was full of danger, no territory owned that place. Rogues or any wolf could go there without any restriction but for me that place was most peaceful. It took me hardly ten minutes to reach that place as I was running due to my stress and anxiety. I stopped by the lake.

It was a huge lake nobody knows where it goes but it does pass through the fellow territory, the most feared some and the ones even my father could not stand in front of 'The River-stone'.

I walked towards the lake and carefully took off my clothes. Though this place could be dangerous, I have never seen anyone around before.

I always come here whenever I get upset over my father's jerkiest ways.

I got inside the water and my body shivered due to sudden temperature change.

I swam in the middle of the lake. It was giving me calmness. I closed my eyes and laid on the surface of the water. My hair was dipping and swimming on the surface of the water as well.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. The moon was staring back at me. I never felt this much calm before my anxiety was gone.

Just then I felt as if someone was staring at me. I looked around but I was unable to find anyone and then I felt rusty.

"Who is it?" I asked, loudly but deep inside I was scared. I was wolf-less, alone, and naked in the middle of the forest.