13. Poisoned.

Tord's POV

I started running. I ran as fast as I possibly could. I couldn't let Matt tell the truth. I had to stop him. There had to be a way to stop him! The gravel under my feet crunched and the street dust fluttered behind me while the panic caused my stomach to twist. My sweaty palms groped the sickroom's doorknob. I swung it open and stepped inside the dark and dreary room where the smell of death floated in the air.

In the middle of the room, Matt was sitting on the dirty bed with a confused and disgusted face. Edd was standing next to him. He looked at me judgingly and coldly. "What do you want?" He hissed and turned towards me. "I can explain!" I yelled while trying to catch my breath. "What do you want to explain?" Matt mumbled and got out of bed. His legs wobbled a bit but he seemed to be okay. "What do I want to explain?" I repeated and stared at Matt. Edd sighed and walked towards me. "He has some sort of memory loss. He can't remember anything about that fainting." My eyes widened. "Really?!" I gasped and glared at Matt who still tried to figure out how to stand on his own. Edd nodded and sighed again. "Well what did you want to explain to us?" Edd looked at me patiently. "Naah, it was nothing I already forgot, sorry." I smiled and walked out of the room.

"I can't believe this. I was so lucky." I chuckled and walked to my home. "What an idiot." I smirked and started to connect the blade and Matt's hilt together. "But now I really have to get rid of Matt, again." And this time I didn't mean to just knock him out. No, I wanted to kill him. I needed to kill him so I could get rid of Edd.

At the dawn of a new day, I arrived at Matt's front door again. But this time I had something with me. I lightly knocked on his doors and waited for him to open. Matt opened the door as usual, how stupid of him.

I smiled and waved my hand. "Hi buddy!" Matt smiled a bit and leaned to the door. "Hi." He rubbed his forehead and fixed his ginger hair. "I was worried about you? Are you okay? Mind if I step inside?" Matt just gave me a quick accepting smile and moved to the kitchen corner so I could come inside.

I took my shoes off and walked to the kitchen as well. "Are you sad because of Edd?" I hummed and leaned to the kitchen counter. Matt nodded and started to cook us something. "It's just...ugh... the fact that I can't ever be his boyfriend hurts me a lot." I started to place some plates onto the table. "I understand. Life sucks sometimes." Matt chopped some veggies and put them into the pot of boiling water. "I know... I just got my hopes too high." He started to shake again but he didn't stop cooking. "I just want to make him some food again and talk about stuff. I want him to feel cared for before his wedding." He continued with a shaky tone. "That's so kind of you. I'm sure someday you will be a perfect husband for someone." Fuck that, like he would even make it there I thought while I sat down. "I'm just gonna marry myself." He laughed but it was just as fake as my personality around them. "That's a wonderful idea." I chuckled and leaned back.

Matt left the soup to boil itself and sat across to me. He leaned to his right hand and looked at me with his now empty eyes. "Have you ever been in love with someone?" Matt smiled, but I did not. I wasn't expecting this kind of question from this empty head. "Not really. I have been sleeping with many girls though. It's fun, you should try it too." Matt's smile dropped immediately, but what did I expect? That guy is loyal like a stupid mutt. "Not my thing." Matt rolled his eyes and sighed.

Matt got up and brought the soup to the table. "I see you usually make food for two, huh? Is it for Edd too?" I hummed and leaned closer to Matt. He blushed a bit and waved his hand "Can't we talk about something else then my dead lovelife? Like my hair or my cute face?" I snorted and patted his shoulder. "You should just keep taking care of him when you still can." After that, Matt went silent. Only the sound of the soup boiling in the pot filled the empty space between us.