where is my wife?

* vote and follow before you proceed to read :)*

Reyansh's pov:

"Where were you both?" My mom asked angrily.

"Mom,I wasn't feeling good so I asked her to tag along with me outside" I said because I know how much drama my mom's going to create if she gets to know that she wanted to go out.

"You should be careful,you both are not kids."
"And you" she pointed towards nishtha.
"Don't you have tongue?you should've been mature and stayed at home.but look at you,manner less girl" She side eyed her

"Mom I said it was me who wanted to go out stop blaming her on everything.will you?" My voice was high enough to make my mom more angry.but I don't care,she doesn't get mistreated in front of me or my back.she's my wife after all.

"Whatever it is.go back to your room and sleep.we have to attend an event tomorrow and nishtha,your family will be there too.since it will be your event as a married couple make sure you are decked up good enough." She huffed and went away.

"Let's go,nishtha" I held her hands firmly in mine and headed towards our room.

Nishtha's pov:

He held my hand and dragged me towards our room.tears started building up in my eyes.'when did I thought that someone will take a stand for me too.and that too some stranger who has no idea who I am.when I thought that I lost each and every person in my life.he started proving me wrong'
I quickly wiped off my tears as we entered the room.

He was about to turn and walk when I quickly held his hand

"Thankyou reyansh,for today" I thanked

"It's nothing to thank about,nishtha"

"But how did you knew that I wanted to go out? I didn't said it" I asked

"Because"

"Because?" I repeated

He kept silent for a minute and said

"It's really late,let's doze off to sleep" he took the blanket and went to sleep on the couch.I quietly laid on the and kept thinking about today
This all felt strange. Completely strange
The way I feel so comfortable and safe with him,it's scary cause i've started to trust this man more than I should.
Even when I built up my walls high,he's succeeding in breaking them

*the next day*

The golden rays of the setting sun painted the sky in hues of pink and orange, casting a warm glow over the picturesque garden.birds chirping in the background, adding to the enchanting ambiance.

The people in the mansion were hustling. voices were being echoed around every corner of the house.it was almost 6 pm and it was time for all of them to arrive at the event.a marriage function hosted by one of the richest man in the city.

As it was the first public appearance for nishtha and reyansh they were busy getting ready from the last one hour

Reyansh was adorning himself with a beautifully embroidered black sherwani, accessorized with watch.he took out the most expensive perfume from his closet and sprayed it over his neck He was a sight to behold!

"Nishtha,are you ready?we're getting late"

"Yeah,I am" she said as his head went to the direction of her voice.it took him a minute to register the beauty she was holding within her.dressed in a dark red saree which was doing justice for her curves,the necklace which was admiring her long and slender neck.
the bangles which were making noises whenever she her hands does any movement.

And lastly,the dark lipstick which was making Pierce in his heart.the beauty was donned up with perfection

"Nazar lagne ki hadd tak khubsurat lag rhi ho" he wanted to tell this to her but he didn't as making her uncomfortable was the last thing he wanted.

"Let's go" he cleared his throat and went downstairs as she followed him from behind to join the others.minutes after,the whole family arrived at the event.

Reyansh saw nishtha trembling in fear and in that very moment he wanted to hold her in his arms and embrace her that he's there.but sadly,today was not the day.they both stood at the entrance of the hall as the others went inside

As they stood beside each other,their fingers were trembling,slowly coming closer to each other their fingers brushed each other sending a thrilling shiver down their spine

Slowly their fingers intertwined, their hands finding solace in each other's touch.without saying any word they both started walking inside the event.

They walked along a winding path, lined with twinkling fairy lights and fragrant blossoms. The air was filled with the sweet scent of jasmine and roses, creating an intoxicating perfume. As they strolled, they exchanged soft whispers with their known ones, their voices blending with the soothing sounds of nature.

They reached a charming gazebo adorned with cascading vines and twinkling lights. It offered a breathtaking view of a serene lake, its tranquil waters reflecting the vibrant colors of the sky.

Within conversing with others reyansh and nishtha were captivated by each other's presence. As their eyes met and time seemed to stand still. They couldn't help but be amazed by the beauty they saw in each other.With every stolen glance, their hearts fluttered with excitement and anticipation.

Just then,Reyansh who was talking to vivaan,his bestfriend said something to him and started approaching towards Nishtha's direction and she immediately turned aware of herself
His steps halted when he was right infront her just few inches away.

"Nishtha,my business partners are here nearby and we have make some business deal which is important. i'm going there and I'll be right back in few hours.Okay?"
He said and She nodded

" enjoy The food and make sure to saviour every dish"he winked at her and last night's incident ran through her mind.

"No,we'll eat together once you return " she said after collecting lots of courage.

He left a throaty chuckle which made sensations in her stomach
"Fine" he said and started moving backwards,still holding the eye contact.
Once he was at the exit,he waved at her and she waved back.

"I see a change of heart here" tia, Nishtha's cousin said who entered the scene just when reyansh disappeared

"How did that lucky man ended up with such a bad luck like you?" She taunted nishtha again.

Nishtha's eyes held fear as the past memories of tia bullying her came back.
Although they are cousins, they never shared a healthy bond.tia made Nishtha's life hell.bullying her and pulling out a prank on nishtha was an every day thing for her.

Tia dragged nishtha towards a dark, composed place Where the only source of light was moonlight.

She started punching her in her stomach and soft cries left from her mouth.she then slapped her brutually to humiliate her.

"Do you know you don't deserve any man let alone Reyansh" she tightened her grip on her neck and nishtha gasped for air.

"Soon,he'll will be done with you" she pushed her with a force and went away

Nishtha stood their for a minute and grasped whatever happened to her now.
He held her head between her hands and fainted.

Vivaan,saw tia coming out from an unknown place and with disheveled and messy clothes and quickly realized something is wrong.
He went to the direction Where she was coming out from only to see nishtha in a worst state.he quickly called reyansh

Not even two minutes and everyone was left shocked when they saw a car crashing inside the event.as the car stopped, reyansh opened the door and was raging and Fuming in anger

"WHERE IS MY WIFE?" He roared and everyone was left stunned with his rage

A/n:

I know the story is going a bit fast but there's a reason for that as it is associated with the plot:)