3

“Jungkook, you guys can go ahead and speak with some of the guests before the ceremony begins.” Mr. Jeon spoke gruffly, gesturing to mix into the crowd.

Now, Taehyung knew why Jungkook spoke like that.

He took after his father with the same attitude and emotionless voice, but he guesses it runs in the family.

Taehyung fiddle lightly with his clothes as Jungkook took them towards a group of businessmen who greet the young CEO with delight.

“Congratulations Jeon, never expected that marriage is something you would do, but here we are.”

A middle-aged man snickers and grins slyly, knowing that he pushed Jeon’s button when the man clenched his Jaws.

Jeon Jungkook was known to express his views in interviews that he was not interested in marriage, well, at least not for now, yet here he is soon to be engaged.

“I’ve never mentioned I didn’t want to get married, Mr. Choi, but I did say at least not for now, but twenty-six is better than forty-two years, right?”

  Jungkook spoke sternly yet calmly at the same time hiding the devilish smirk, hypocrites don’t deserve that much energy thrown their way.

Jungkook clicked his tongue annoyed when the said man of forty-two years laughed nervously to cover up his embarrassment.

Taehyung, who stood beside Jungkook, gasped quietly and never expected that Jungkook had such a sharp tongue, but then again, they were never introduced properly.

“Mr. Jeon, you have a very lovely partner there, mind introducing us?”

The older men agreed with the man, smiling at the shy boy who fiddled with his fingers as the attention was on him now.

“Forgive me, this is Kim Taehyung, my soon to be fiancé.”

Jungkook spoke, pulling Taehyung closer to his side.

“H-hello, nice to meet you.”

Taehyung mutters and blushes as the old men coo at him for the stuttering.

The remaining businessmen continued their business talk with Jungkook, commenting occasionally.

Taehyung, who stood by Jungkook’s side, quietly listening to the boring conversation.

So, Taehyung got the courage and tugged at Jungkook’s coat, peering up at the said man who frowns at the sudden action.

“What is it?”

Jungkook spoke, looking at Taehyung straight in the eyes, who shyly looked down and muttered what he wanted.

“Can I go and get some fruit punch to drink?”

Taehyung mutters, pointing the direction where the juice was.

Jungkook looked at him for a couple of minutes before nodding slowly and letting go of the hold on Taehyung’s waist, beckoning him to go.

Taehyung smiled at Jungkook before excusing himself from the businessman and made his way over to the juice.

Arriving at the table, Taehyung scooped up some juice before pouring it into a clear glass, sipping it slowly.

Surprisingly, it tasted refreshing, and the coldness calmed his nerve wrecking state.

He may smile his way through the engagement party with Jungkook stick to his side, but his insides were churning.

As Taehyung pours some more punch for him, he notices four teenage boys and two cute toddler girls making their way towards him.

My doggo at the top^🥲
Feel free to follow me on Instagram 🥲🥺

To be continued