10

Days had passed, and Mrs.Jeon thought she got what she wanted as she saw less interaction between the two males.

She would often make comments about how Taehyung was only here to enjoy Jungkook's company and that he did not have any intentions of settling down.

She would go on to say how it was important for Jungkook to focus on getting an heir and not romance.

Despite all this, Jungkook did not deny nor agree to his mother's beliefs.

He respected her views but also knew that his life was his own to live.

He likes Taehyung and was not willing to sacrifice his happiness and his relationship for the sake of fulfilling certain societal expectations.

But Taehyung didn’t know this as Jungkook never opened up, and that made Taehyung feel so alone, like he had no one.

Jungkook had been acting cold towards him ever since then, barely acknowledging Taehyung's existence.

Taehyung tried to talk to him, but Jungkook would always brush him off, making it clear that he wasn't interested in patching things up.

Days turned into weeks, and Taehyung was at a loss as to what to do.

He liked Jungkook deeply at first, but he couldn't bear the thought of being with someone who only wanted him for his ability to produce an heir.

One day, Taehyung found the courage to confront Jungkook.

"Why did you say those things?" he asked, his voice shaking with emotion.

Jungkook looked up at him, his eyes cold and distant.

"I didn't mean it like that," he said, his words lacking conviction.

Taehyung sighed.

"I'm not stupid, Jungkook. I know what you meant. Do you even like me, or am I just a means to an end for you or a person who needs to carry you heir?"

Jungkook's expression softened.

"Of course, I like you, Taehyung.”

"Then why are you acting like this?"

Taehyung asked, his voice pleading.

“Give me some time.”

Is all he mutters leaving for work again, leaving Taehyung there trying to understand the words spoken by his husband.

To be continued