Single Point of Failure Part 1

Alexa was happy, for once. She's not used to feeling so.. upbeat. Striding through the doors of Scorpion HQ she saw Walter handing out paychecks. "This is our first fresh cash. Toby, are you gonna be okay with this?" 

Alexa listened in, curious to hear what the Gambler had to say, as she took her check from Walter. "I'm way ahead of you. High stress levels triggers my gambling addictions. If my levels go up... " Just as she expected. A donkey sound was emitted from Toby's phone. She rolled her eyes at his childish behavior.

" See, it reminds me I'm being a jackass." Toby attempted to defend himself. 

"Love, I could do that for you." Alexa responded before sauntering away towards her desk. She sat down and placed the check in her top draw. 

Alexa was going about her business, paying the teams bills. She was almost finished checking the security feed for any issues when she heard Walter call out, "Cabe called. We're all going to meet the Governor of California."

Alexa reached into her bottom desk draw, grabbing her go-bag and following the team out of the building into the cars. They made a detour and dropped Ralph off at school before making their way to the Governor's house. 

***

Upon arrival, Alexa took the lead, walking ahead of the team towards the bodyguards near the front door, taking note of the CDC van parked in the driveway. 

"Alexa Cheuvront, Homeland security." She shook the hands of both bodyguards, their eyes lingering where they shouldn't. "We've been called here on behalf of Governor Lane." The bodyguards nodded her in, the rest of the team followed her lead. 

Cabe met them at the front door with a surgical mask around his neck, "Good, you're here. Follow me."

"Wait, why are you wearing a surgical mask around your neck? What exactly are you protecting yourself from?" Sylvester buts in, obviously very concerned that he'll pick up on whatever illness is inside. 

Cabe attempts to calm Sylvester down, "Relax. They put up a quarantine tent."

"A quarantine tent? I will be in the car." Sylvester picks up his suitcase and quickly walks off back to the car, the last thing he wants to do is mess with an unknown disease. 

Toby decides to lighten the mood, "Uh, Mr. Gallo, sir? Is there a very terrible, possibly communicable disease in this home?" Alexa responds by whacking his arm, coincidently at the same time as his phone went off with another Donkey noise. 

"Sorry. Stress levels are a tad elevated right now." Toby sheepishly replied, clearly stressed out by the whole situation. 

"Weird, phone's off but I still hear a donkey." Happy mutters to the group, earning a quiet laugh from Alexa. 

The ever so serious Cabe decided enough was enough, "Today's not the day to be screwing off. You two go wait with Sylvester." Happy and Toby quickly turned around and walked off, arguing with each other on the way back to the car. 

The four entered the house and made their way to the main room. There lay a young girl, no older than 14, laying in a quarantine tent with medical equipment everywhere. The sight made Alexa mad. Who could do this to such a young innocent girl? They had no idea what virus they were dealing with, Alexa just hoped that the virus wouldn't spread. 

"That poor little girl." Paige says, Walter staring into the abyss next to her. Alexa made note of his odd behavior. 

***