A Cyclone Part 2

Alexa was standing next to Happy as she set up the security footage for viewing. They could hear the television in the background. "The bombing in downtown LA continues to have ripple effects. Jerry Dowdell reports live from Olympic and La Brea."

Alexa hoped they could ID and apprehend the bomber quickly. The last thing anyone wanted was a rouge bomber blowing up buildings in LA.

"Security footage almost set up." Happy's voice pulled Alexa from her thoughts, frowning slightly. Toby, who was loitering on the other side of Happy, silently took note.

"All right, well, if that's the best you can do, we'll take it." Walter hung up the phone, now paying attention to the rest of the group. "Happy, a 2000 Series Aggregation Router is being overnighted from Berlin."

"Can we get it sooner?" Paige asked quietly.

Alexa shook her head slightly with a small chuckle as Happy quipped, "We're not buying a mouse pad."

Paige ignored Happy's quip as Walter voiced, "No, it's high-end product only made in Germany. So, we get it installed tomorrow. Internet's up; everything is back to normal."

"Far from it in the meantime." Paige muttered in response.

The television in the background seemed to get louder with the next announcement. "Traffic lights are not working, causing near gridlock. And now reports of a train crossing malfunction in Moore Park that's resulted in the death of two pedestrians."

Agent Keeler all but appeared behind Alexa, Toby and Happy. Alexa jumped as Agent Keeler suddenly addressed Cabe. "Agent Gallo, I have a psychotic bomber to catch, and I don't have all day."

Happy called out to Walter that the surveillance footage is ready for viewing. Walter halted his conversation with Paige and turned to face Happy. "All right, Happy, can you run the films simultaneously?"

"So, first thing we're gonna do is run a Gaussian filter algorithm." Happy moved to the side slightly as Walter began to sit down on the office chair, and began typing as he continued to speak. "That way, you get rid of all the film where nothing moves. It's a big problem with surveillance footage. There. We just cut down the number of hours to search by 80%."

Alexa could see a multitude of diagrams and charts on screen, displaying multiple bits of information. Agent Keeler moved in closer, taking up the space to his left. "Where did you get this 'Goss-ian...'"

"Gaussian." Walter corrected, Paige smiling slightly at Walter.

Agent Keeler made eye contact with Paige as he continued, "...Gaussian algorithm thing?"

"Photoshop. Toby, you're up." Walter responded plainly.

The group continued looking at the monitors as the security footage finished loading. Toby took over the conversation, considering he was the group's behaviorist, finding a bomber amongst all the other civilians would be a piece of cake. "We're gonna get a little un-PC up in here. Traditional bomber profile means we lose Asians and Latinos."

As Toby began listing off the different demographics to cut, Walter would input the data into the software and the security footage would blur anyone who fit the crossed off demographic. "Cut anyone over 60 and under 12."

Agent Keeler looked quite put off, looking at what the software can do now that Walter got his hands on it. "That's not how this software is meant to operate."

Ignoring the Agent, Toby continued. "Explosives are traditionally a boys' club, so let's lose the women..." All women in the security footage were blurred. "And anyone not wearing a hat or sunglasses."