Single Point Of Failure Part 2

The team had arrived back at Scorpion HQ and settled in, putting their bags away, grabbing a coffee, tea or water and settling down on Happy's desk to discuss the case.

Happy sat in her regular chair, sounded by motherboards, wiring and mechanical pieces. Sylvester was sitting opposite Happy with his laptop open. Both Alexa and Toby were hovering over Sylvester's left and right shoulder respectively, trying to get a better look at what was displaying on the laptop screen.

Walter walked into the room with a mug in hand, ready to hear a status update. To which Sylvester was on top of, "I checked the AVG scanner, came up with nothing." Toby pushed Sylvester aside slightly and began to type on the keyboard. 

"If we can find a signature in the viral code, it'll tell us who sent it." Happy input, looking towards Walter. 

"Meaning we have nothing." Walter complained rudely, causing Alexa to glance up at the man briefly, mentally noting down the miserable look on his face. Alexa decided she would have to pull Walter aside and talk to him about what was going on with him. 

Alexa decided to cut in, "So far, Walt. Keep your shorts on." Not wanting to worsen Walter's mood, but also not willing to let Walter take it out on the team. 

Cabe chose that moment to walk back into the garage, joining the group, "Governor's had ten distinct threats since he took the office. Four of the perps are locked up, thus leaving six." 

Alexa made her way over to Cabe, taking the papers from his hand and taking a look. "Guillermo Flacos? This is way too subtle for a Mexican drug lord." She looked towards Cabe, handing back the files. 

"Oh, announcing your intent via e-mail? That's too subtle?" Cabe rebutted. 

"Personally, I listen to her and keep digging. Alexa's never wrong about these things." Toby decided to warn Cabe who took it into consideration. 

Toby began to walk back to his desk. Alexa, not wanting to subject herself to Walters mood, followed the Fedora clad man. Toby sat down in his chair and pulled out his laptop and Alexa sat on the desk next to him.

"What's your take on Walter right now?" She questioned. Toby was the behaviorist, if anyone knew what was going on, it was Toby. 

"You caught that too, huh?" Toby took a breath in as he continued typing and Alexa couldn't help but admire the man.  She'd deny it to him and anyone else who asked, but she couldn't kid herself, the man was hot. Plus he was funny, he made her laugh on multiple occasions and for that she'd thank him.

Alexa was jolted from her thoughts by the very man she was admiring, "I don't know what's bothering him, but it doesn't look like a new development." Alexa hummed thoughtfully, trying to think of a reason to explain his behavior. She came up empty. 

Walter voice was heard from across the room, "Toby, anything?"

"I traced the computer virus' code... Russia, China, Serbia. It's no wonder the government couldn't crack it. It uses none of the known building blocks."

"That's where you leave it, huh? With a young girl dying" Walter asked void of emotion. With a heavy hand, Walter smashed his coffee mug on the table, effectively smashing it and stunning the group into silence. 

Alexa and Toby make eye contact, surprised at Walters display of anger. He's never been the one to have violent outbursts, instead choosing to internalise his emotions, effectively ignoring them.

Walter sucked in a breath, "All right, trace the IP header. Study it for patterns." He began to walk up the stairs to his loft office, anger present in every step. "Maybe that'll get us somewhere."