26. bandages

I run my fingertips over his warm skin. His skin got thousends of cuts and i shake at the thought of it happening on mine.

I clean the wounds with alcohol and thankfully for him he passed out on the bed so he wont feel the pain of the burning rush.

He woke up when i was halfway done with putting bandages on them. He groans the moment he woke up.

"Morning sunshine" i say trying to lighten the heavy mood that flows through the air whenever we're near each other.

His eyes flicker open and he looks my way. Pain covering his whole face. His eyebrows are squeezed together and no words escaping his mouth.

"Stay still" i say when he tries to move his arm that im working on. "Stop" ash says and his eyes begin to close again letting his vision fade away just a few secconds

He opens them again and with all his power he nudges away my hand thats resting on his right arm.

"I will do it myself" ash says and groans again from the pain in his body. "No let me do it youre in to much pain" i say softly not touching him anymore for his boundries.

"Just.... fine" he says looking at the ceiling knowing he cant do it on his own. The pain is to much for him to bare and he knows he can trust me. Atleast right now.

"Are you not planning on killing me?" He asks in a wisper. A breath he lets out. Harsh and cold words hitting me.

"I'm not" i say and his eyes dart to me. A flash of hope goes through him and then the confusion with the question why? Why wasnt i going to kill him.

Honesntly to that question i have to awnser. Its the only thing I'm unsure of. That i dont know the awsner of.

I bandage all of the wounds up and ash looks at me. I know what he was wondering. But i wasnt going to awsner him.

"Where did you get that from?" I ask tracing a big scar on his leg with my index finger. "Combat training" he says quietly thinking back to the days of training.

"And this one?" I ask dragging my fingers up to his thigh. "A 16yr old gang member" he says not getting into many details. If he wanted to tell it all he wouldve.

I trace my finger to his stomach and cares my dump over it letting my hand rest next to it. His bare skin on my hand.

This scar is one of the more noticeable scars and one that i think holds a deeper meaning.

"What about this one?" I ask about the scar. "When my closest friend in the gang tries to sell me out and kill me" he says like the words dont mean anything to him.

I dont dig into him to find more of the story. I move my hand more upwards and down to his right arm. "This one?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders "i forgot...." he says and i move down his arm even more. Most of the scars are on his arms."well... i didnt shut up when a man said i had to stop screaming for help" he says this time in a even lower voice.

"Theyre all, well most of them are from training and fights" he says not waiting for me to ask anymore. "Thanks for telling me" i say and he just shrugs his shoulders.

I move my hand to his neck and softly let it rest over a scar thats caused by a knife digging into your neck. I have the same one matching him.

"Some guy wanted me dead and thought this was the way but didnt cut deep enough" he says. "All to relatable" i say and point to my scar. The scar thats the same as his.

A very faint smile comes onto his lips disappearing in a matter of secconds. The pain medication i gave him is not kicking in right away.

"And this one?" I say and place my dump on the small scar on his upper lip. My hand now cups his face and he doesn't look like he wants me to back off.

The moment when he kissed me flashes through me and the butterflies return back into my stomach.

"Cut it while i shaved my beard" he lets out a small chuckle but then cringes in pain. Fuck. I hate this so much.

I lean in to him even closer and kiss him.

I felt like my soul flown out of my body and then came back to me. The way his lips felt onto mine ever so perfectly made my head spin.

His hand moves to my neck and i knew the enegry he had to put into it was already a lot for him.

I kiss him even more and cuff my hands around his face. His skin is hot agaisnt my hands and i move next to him onto the bed resting my body next to his.

I kiss him even more and i wish i did it way sooner. I shouldve kissed him the moment he asked me to in the kitchen.

I kiss his all his scars.

It just felt right. Every small part of it. Everything made sence. The way his face was made to be between my hands and the way his eyes look at me begging for more.

I pull back and he groans. "Is that all you can do?" He asks panting. "Youre injured" i say and point at the cuts all over his body.

I shake my head trying to remove the thoughts i had for a small seccond. What was i even doing kissing a guy thats hurt, badly.

"What if its my death wish?" He says and doesnt lay his eyes off me. "Youre not dying. Dont be that dramatic" i say and roll my eyes.

He scuffs and then looks at his bandaged wounds. "You did that?" He asks me and i not yes. Of cource i did. I was not going to let him bleed out of leave it to him when he wakes up.

"Why?" He asks and i shrug my shoulders. "You shouldnt have" he says and i frown my brows. "Why?" I ask him unsure of his sudden change in emotions.

"I can do it by myself" he says looking away from me. "You were passed out and i didnt want you to die by blood loss" i say and he keeps looking away.

"For fuck sake ash. I just helped you. I know you can do it all by yourself but i am not some asshole that just brought you home and then kissed you in this fucked up state youre in.... fuck its all because of me" i rush out the words and he finally looks at me again.

"What do you mean youre fault?" He asks me. "Because... uh... my sister... uh...." I hated talking about it. I hated having to say that she was in fact my sister.

"Shes not you" he says and thats the words i was looking for. The words that i was longing for so long. The thing i wanted to hear escape his lips.

He said it. Right then and there. It felt like a whole shit ton had lifted off of me. All the guilt was flowing away from me. Just those 3 words.

I dont say anything else. I stay silent for a few secconds. My eyes started to burn and my troat started to clog up when i tried to fight the feeling.

The tears form into my eyes and fall down. I cant seem to stop crying and crying and crying. In reality it mightve been 2 small tears escaping my eyes but it felt like waterfalls.

Ash pulls me closer to him and kisses me. A short small kiss telling me that its oke. I lay back down next to him and take a deep breath.

I was going to make it up to him. Everything that my sister had done to him i will make up for it. I kiss him one more time and once more on his lips.

Every kiss i give him is a apology.

I force him to take his medicine and he falls asleep resting on my chest. I watch him sleep. I watch him take every breath and my mind started to regonize the ritheme he has. It was like a song.

It was never ending and it kept going. No matter what i knew his breath would continue and his heart would keep on beating. As long as i could keep him save.