Part 5 Curiosty And The Cat.

Wednesday reached her room. As she steps inside she was greeted by her frustrated roommate.

"Where have you been? I've been waiting for you all night." "What do you mean? " Wednesday questioned her.

Enid took a slow deep breath. "(Y/N) (L/N). Moved into Jericho no more than 3 years ago. Student at Jericho High. Former ace of their soccer club before being demoted." "Why?" Her gloomy roommate asks.

"Rumor has it that he puts the captain of the team into hospital after some sort of dispute. But it seems to be true after the werewolves incident." Wednesday furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"Three werewolves were hospitalized by (Y/N). A few days before you arrived here actually. Jacob got broken nose, Eddie got his elbow dislocated and Jerry pissed his pant. Sort of." Enid says counting her fingers.

"Interesting." The goth girl said as she walked towards her side of the room.

"Well?" Her cheerful roommate asks. "Well what? " Wednesday turned around facing her roommate once again.

"Not trying to be rude by what can you get me in exchange for the info I just provided? It's not hard but it's not easy either. I expected fair compensation for it."

Wednesday looked down at the wooden floor for a moment before she turned around. "(Y/N) is the son of Ms Thornhill. "

"What?! " The statement clearly caught Enid's attention causing her eyes to go wide. "How do you know that?"

"I stumbled upon (Y/N) on my way back. He was delivering something to Ms Thornhill and I overheard their conversations." Wednesday grabs her bag and ready to leaves again.

"Where are you going now? " Enid asks with a worried tone.

"(Y/N) seems to hold some sort of informations that could benefit my investigation. I'm gonna go find him. Better turn the lights off before Thornhill gets suspicious. Thing, let's go." Thing crawls inside Wednesday bag and she soon walks out through the giant window.

~~

(Y/N) reached his home, brushed his teeth and getting ready to go sleep mode. The conversation between him and Wednesday popped to mind. Get up from his bed, he goes to the living room and grabs his small sanitizer spray.

Staring at the sanitizer, the events of that night comes to mind. If what she said is right, why the hell would someone want to cover up a murder. And the way she reacted, the monster seems to be real. (Y/N) thought to himself.

(Y/N) lays down on the sofa in his leaving room, fumbling the sanitizer in hand for quite sometime. Just as he was ready to give in the drowsiness, he heard the sound of door handle rattled. (Y/N) jolted up from his position ready to investigate. "Mom?"

Wednesday, with Thing on her right shoulder let herself into the living room, coming face to face with the astonished (Y/N). "Sorry for not being Ms Thornhill." "How did you find me?" (Y/N) stand up defensively.

"Jericho High's security is even worse than Nevermore. Only took Thing a few minutes to find your personal files." Thing straightened his fingers stood with pride. (Y/N) was too tired to argue at this point, motion the intruders to sit at the sofa opposite his. Thing crawls up to the table between them. He went inside the kitchen, opening the fridge to find a beverage for the girl.

"What do you want to have?" (Y/N) asks as he was eyeing around the half empty fridge. "Information. Everything you see, heard, smell and know of regarding the incident that involved the monster you described to me." Wednesday makes the demand not wanting to miss out any further details.

"I was asking about drinks. Never mind." (Y/N) returned with an empty cup and a can of soda placing them on the table. "That would be unnecessary." The girl replied. "Get back to where we were, tell me about the monster." The serious dark eyes is staring at (Y/N) without blinking.

(Y/N) proceeds to tell Wednesday everything he knows regarding the said monster.

~~

4 days before Wednesday Addams arrived at Nevermore Academy.

(Y/N) was on his morning jog as usual on a Sunday morning through town. He overheard the local gossip about a missing old lady that lives just a few houses away from his own.

As he was continuing his run, he was stopped by Mr. Cooper, the local mechanic. "Hey (Y/N). Come here son." (Y/N) stopped his activity and approached the old man. "Morning sir. Can I help you?" "You lives close to Mrs. Bryce right? When was the last time you saw her?" The old man asks the young male.

"I'm sorry sir, but I'm not that close to her. But the last time I saw her would be a week ago at the grocery store. Why did you ask?" "See here's the thing, she's been missing for a few days now. The last person who saw her said she was somewhere near the entrance to the woods. The sheriff says there have been bear attacks that occurred recently and she might have been the latest victim."

Bear attack huh? Interesting. (Y/N) thought to himself. "You always ran past the woods every morning right? Might as well keeps some distance for the time being." The old man warned him before bidding his goodbye to the boy.

Curious, (Y/N) decided to sneak into said part of the woods where Mrs. Bryce was last seen at night. He goes further and further into the dark and gloomy forest . After over forty minutes of brief investigation, (Y/N) came to zero results. No said bear to be found, no Mrs. Bryce or anything related to her.

As (Y/N) was continuing his investigation, the sound of snapped branches caught his attention. He slowly crept towards the direction of where it came from. What he sees next caught him off guard completely. A tall, skinny monster was crouching there in front of him. Dumbfounded, (Y/N) just stand there for a moment, taking in the view of said monster.

As he was standing there, his phone goes off with a short *Ding caught the attention of the monster. Shit! (Y/N) scream inside his head reaching for his phone. The monster turned around looking at the panic boy. (Y/N) looked up to it. Their eyes met each other for a short while before the monster ran off further into the forest.

(Y/N) puts his phone back into his pocket and begins chasing after the monster. He runs further into the direction of the monster, but given the difference between the speed of him and the target, he lose sight of him soon afterwards. Looking around, (Y/N) soon realized that he's lost as he has never been inside this part of the forest before.

A scream can be heard moment later, catching (Y/N) by surprise. As he was ready to run towards the direction of that dispersed voice, he fell a painful stinging from behind his head as if he was hit by Ernie Banks' oncoming home run strike knocking him unconscious.

People always said "Curiosity kills the cat." In this case (Y/N) is the cat. A damn lucky one.

Part 5 is done. I based some of (Y/N)'s characteristics on my own. I always get lost even in my own town sometimes so now you know why. 😅