Part 7 First Move.

The students of Nevermore Academy are gathered in a unison awaiting the principal to show up. Wednesday was approached by her high spirited roommate.

"Well, Wednesday. How's the meeting with (Y/N) goes last night? Find any more topic worth gossiping?" Enid asks with a wide grin on her face.

"Dreadful. All he provided me is the same informations I've already gathered by myself. Only thing I got is a consumption of gas in liquid form." Wednesday replied.

Enid's smile dropped looking at her roommate having no idea what she just said. "I believe it's called soda for common folks."

Before Enid managed to replied, she was summoned by Yoko, her vampire friend to join her. Enid excuse herself. Wednesday then open her bag and take out the book she stole from the Nightshade library.

~~

(Y/N) got out from the shower after completing his morning run. As he was preparing his breakfast, his phone rang. Shifted his attention to the phone, it was Ms Thornhill, his mother who makes the call.

"Morning." (Y/N) greet with his normal tone after accepting the call. "Morning honey. How's your sleep? " His mother asks.

"Lack of sleep actually. There was, a disturbance last night. My routine is ruined for the day." (Y/N) inform his mother.

"Oh. Well I'm sorry to hear that. But that's not why I called." "Then what is it? " (Y/N) asks with curiosity aroused in his head.

"It's Outreach Day today. And I was wondering if you would like to join me in town square later today? Mayor Walker will be there, I believe the choir club from your school with perform today." She concluded.

"Let me guess, students from our respective school will gather there today. Either bonding or stabbing. My bet will be the latter." He said.

"Don't say that (Y/N). Can you at least try to show up? I thought this would be a good time for us to catch up again."

"No offense ma but I would prefer to be somewhere else than anywhere close to your students. Otherwise three will be insgnificant compare to what might happen." (Y/N) gives his honest opinion.

"Jacob and the other's parents were gonna bring that incident to the court. You're lucky Principal Weems managed to convince them to turn a blind eyes on the matter." "So you see my point." Her son says with his serious tone.

Thornhill let's out a big sigh. "Ok, I could never beat you at things like this. I gotta go now. Enjoy your day sweetie . Love you." "Bye mom. Talk to you again." (Y/N) hangs up the call and returns to prepare his breakfast.

~~

"Yes! I can't believe he finally asked." Enid shouts in excitement after finally be able to score a date with Ajax. "Thank you Wednesday." She says dreamingly. The Uriah's Heap door bell rang, much to Enid's annoyance. But when she turned to attend the customer, her eyes lit up.

(Y/N) entered Uriah's Heap looking around. "Can I help you?" He turn his attention towards the bright girl. "Yeah, I'm-" "(Y/N) (L/N), I know you. My roommate said she paid a visit to you last night." The girl quickly says.

"Which one's your roommate, the grim reaper's daughter or the handler? I'm surprised you're still alive." (Y/N) says earning a big smile from the werewolf. "Wednesday isn't your average kind of girl, but once you got to used being around her, it's actually pretty easy to understand her." She says with pride.

"Well good for you. I find it easier to understand Thing rather than Wednesday though." "You spoke Thing?" Enid asks showing some sort of interest. "Yeah. I'm still confused by myself too. I thought it was a dream or something but when I wake up, I find the soda can and glass still on the table so the interaction between us is real I suppose." (Y/N) concluded.