Part 9 Partners.

(Y/N) jolted up from his slumber. Taking in his surrounding, he realize he might have passed out a certain time. His right arm is still aching, but the blood flow have somewhat slow down. He feels heavy. His cloth is soaked, the ground is muddy. The sky is shows signs of clearance and the sunlight is slowly beaming through the forest.

"Wednesday." (Y/N) exclaimed before making his way back to the old meeting house. But when he arrived, neither Wednesday nor Thing is to be found. (Y/N) thought back at the conversation they had prior, she should be at the town square for the Outreach day performance.

~~

Wednesday arrived at the town square with Xavier. She was greeted by Principal Weems and Ms Thornhill. "Miss Addams, where've you been? Mistress Arlene informed me of your antics and absence. Surely you know that volunteering is mandatory." The principal says looking down on the small girl.

"I got lost. Xavier found me and brought me here." The girl quickly countered. Ms Thornhill tilted her head looking at her students.

"Wednesday!" The four of them turn to see (Y/N), dressing in a fresh hoodie approaching them. "Oh, (Y/N). So you decided to join us after all." Principal Weems says with a big smile on her face. "It's so good to see that you've changed your mind (Y/N). Come, let's take a seat." As Ms Thornhill motion for her son to join her in the seating, he stopped her.

"No mom. I'm here for her, actually." The three then looked at Wednesday waiting for her statement. "Give me five minutes." (Y/N) then pull Wednesday by her right arm away to a safer distance from the group. "What the hell happened? I thought you're dead." The boy says.

"It's like what I've said. My vision is unpredictable. Enough about that. Where have you been? The monster showed up after I wake up. So much for witness." The cold girl says crossing her arms awaiting his answer.

(Y/N) looked around, checking his surrounding before pull up his hoodie's right sleeves revealing a rough and badly bandaged arm. Clearly done by an amateur. Blood stain is still visible. This cause Wednesday's eyes wide open. She looked at the arm then at the boy. "What the hell happened to you?" She asks with a concerning tone.

"After you passed out, I was assaulted by our imaginary friend. Turns me into it's punching bag before knocking me unconscious. I went back searching for you after I woke up but you're not there." The boy replied pulling his sleeves back down covering his injured arm.

"You should tell someone about this." "No. I don't want to cause a panic now. Especially not in front of my mom." Wednesday looked down on the ground dejected. She was speechless for moment.

"Hey." (Y/N)'s call snapped her back to reality. Looking into her dark eyes. "You're okay. Right? Did it attacked you?" The boy question her with sincerity in his tone.

"No. It ran off. I gave chase but lost it soon after. The rain and the mud didn't do me any good. But I found something else." This got (Y/N)'s full attention. "It's not just a wild monster. It's human who have the ability to transform into one." "How do you know that?" The boy asks again.

"I followed it somewhere deep into the woods. I found it's footprints on the ground." "Tell me where it is. I'll go over there right now." The boy is ready to go back for second round before Wednesday stopped him.

"No. You're lucky to survived with that injuries. Besides, the rain washed away the footprints. There's nothing but mud there now. We'll try again next time." The two would then approached by Principal Weems and Ms Thornhill.

"Is everything alright?" The two teens were startled by the voice turning at of the tall lady. "Mayor Walker is here. We don't want to keep him wait for long now don't we?" Ms Thornhill added. "Come on you two. Let's get going."