7

THE KING
~ Arabella's Pov ~

Sir Kingsley had a carriage brought out for us, and the whole time we were entering it, mother was gushing about how sweet he was for letting us have a ride. Oden accompanies me and takes a seat beside me while mother and Serena sit in front of us.

I brought my fan out, growing hot from this carriage being flooded with bodies, and I fan Oden as well who smiles at me. Goodness, he was beautiful.

His jawline was sharp when looking out of the carriage as it took off up the hill and toward the town. Serena gives me a weird gaze as to why I'm fanning my 'servant', so I stop and put the fan away.

If he had to be hot, then I did too. We both were going to suffer.

The carriage is silent except the little whispers of my mother and sister who were leaving me out since I was too much of a hassle to explain things.

Upon our arrival, a guard stands by the carriage and helps mother and Serena step out. He opens his hand for me to take and just as I'm about to grip his hand, Oden appears on the other side, offering his hand.

The guard steps aside and I wonder how in the world did Oden escape from the carriage to get in front of me.

I take his hand without questioning him and offer a smile when I'm landed on the ground. Mother and Serena were up the steps of Sir Kingsley home and I had to look up to see the whole house. More like a palace if I'll say.

Oden whistles. "Now I know why he's called sir."

I giggle as we both walk up the stairs beside each other. "More like jerk."

He sends me a grin. "You have your mind made up when it comes to him."

"Of course I do," I hum.

The door is opened for us when Oden and I approach the house, and I enter first, looking around. I will say, he did have a taste for colors but that was the only thing.

I can hear Sir Kingsley's voice in the living room and I near it with Oden behind me. I stop when I see him kissing Serena's hand and wowing my mother by being a gentleman.

I cross my arms, feeling sick. "This is frightening."

"How can they not see through this man?" I whisper to Oden silently smirking. He keeps his arms being his being, and keeps to my side.

"He is quite the gentleman, isn't he?" Sarcasm was clear in his voice which made me almost laugh. I was beginning to grow fond of the friendship we were having.

"Arabella, meet Sir Kingsley," mother introduces the gentleman that wowed my sister and he sets his sights on me. I'm quiet from afar, sending him a small smile out of kindness.

"Arabella, Serena has told me so much about you," Kingsley strutted near, standing tall in front of me. I stand tall, my shoulder tense.

"It is lovely to meet you, Sir Kingsley." I give him a gracious smile. Even though we had met before this introduction, I didn't want my sister to know. Not my mother.

His eyes are filled with mischievous, a spark grew on his face- one that gains me a smirk. "The same for you, Lady Houstings. And who might this be?" He eyes Oden beside me, his face churning with disgust.