4

BGKM

Today we are going to find out the gender of our little baby and I'm so excited. So far, this pregnancy has been light and peaceful for me.

"What do you hope for it to be?" Onika asked me as we approached a stop light.

"Honestly, a boy. But if it's not I'll be happy either way. You?"

"I want a cute little fat baby." She said all giddily.

"But what if it's not?"

"Then I don't want it." She looked at me and smiled. I just shook my head. That's all she's been saying since we found out we were expecting. How chubby she wants the baby to be.

"But seriously, I'm one of those people who don't care for the gender as long as the baby and my wife are in perfect health." We've been married for 2 years and just hearing her saying "my wife" still causes my heart to flutter.

The way my life has changed, in a good way of course, is just so surreal to me. I would've never thought it'd happen either.

Truly believe I'd be somewhere sulking, being bitter about life. Imagining if we haven't moved, how downward my life would be if I continued to hang around the people I did, or found people exactly like them.

"Baby." Onika tapped me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"I was telling you that we made it. Are you okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just got lost in my thoughts." She raised an eyebrow at me.

"They aren't bad thoughts babe."

"If they were..."

"I'd talk to you. Now let's go in." We walked inside the doctor's office and signed right in. I took the clipboard and went to an area nobody was in.

I love coming to the doctors office bright and early because nobody was rarely here, just how I like it. I don't like to be around people much. It took me no time to fill out the paperwork.

After finishing the paperwork I just watched whatever they had on the tv for the next 10 minutes. I don't even know what I was watching but I was invested.

"Babe, are you going in after the appointment?" I asked her.

"No. I requested today off, why?" I shook my head.

"I was just asking really. What should we do today?" I asked. Considering both of our schedules are cleared for our appointment, we might as well find something to do. Knowing us, we won't do anything but stay in all day. Which will be perfectly fine with me.

"Well first of all, we can go back home and go to sleep." She answered firmly. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Beyoncé Knowles!" We stood up once my name got called and followed the nurse to the back.

She did all of the normalities.. height, weight, you know things like that. I've been watching my weight at home and the amount difference is kind of impressive to me. I'm just happy to be gaining weight at a healthy and steady pace.