5

OTMK

"Beyoncé!" I tried to call over the loud music but of course, to no avail

"Beyoncé!" I tried to call over the loud music but of course, to no avail. I walked to the source of the music and I saw Beyoncé over the stove swaying her hips from side to side.

"I wanna love you, in every kind of way
I wanna please you no matter how long it takes
If the world should end tomorrow
And we only have today
I'm gonna love you
In every kind of way."

She sang along to the voice of H.E.R.

"What are you burning here?" She jumped at the sound of my voice and rolled her eyes. She turned her back to me and finished cooking.

I went up behind her and rubbed the growing bump in circles.

"It actually smells good, love." I placed a small kiss on her cheek and she gave me a light smile in return.

"Well good.. cause this is one of my mama's recipes. I was going through some of the stuff we still have packed up —- which reminds me, we really need to unpack that stuff babe."

"Okay love but continue."

"Oh yeah, I was going through and I found the book of recipes she had. I remember cooking dinner with her all the time. It was kind of our bonding moment. We would talk about anything under the sun while we'd cook." She explained and I couldn't help but to smile at her as she smiled at the memories of her mother.

"You never told me you could cook! How come I'm now finding out?" Beyoncé would "cook" like, little frozen meal, that took little to no effort. That's why I assumed she couldn't actually cook.

"After she died, I lost interest in it." She shrugged.
"As I said, that was our thing, you know? When she died I felt sort of empty. We would laugh, have serious moments, all of that. Then it just got lonely. I would find myself cooking and crying because the conversations we had would replay in my mind so I just stopped."

"What made you pull out the book today?"

"Well, although I haven't fully grieved with my mother gone, you know.. I feel like I've made some sort of progress where I could do certain things we've done without it painful hurting me, if that makes sense? Like instead of me crying, I now look back and smile because at least I got to experience that.

Also, the fact you weren't home and I was hungry." She grabbed a fork and twirled some of the noodles, holding the fork to my mouth. I just looked between her and the fork.

"Trust me?" I nodded my head and slowly opened my mouth. The noodles touched my taste buds and my eyes immediately widened.

"Well? Do you like it?" She looked at me nervously.