Chapter 27

Please do not forget that this book is a fan fiction!

As mentioned in the intro, the characters in this story have nothing to do with reality.

*

Alan had finished the meeting with his manager, who had hinted in an aside that there would soon be a major restructuring at the agency. Did Rosalyn already know about it? At least she hadn't mentioned anything of the sort over the weekend. He would ask her about it when he talked to her on the phone. They had agreed to talk to each other only in really urgent cases, since they only wanted to talk about business on the phone. But he was already finding it difficult to do so, as he would have liked to hear her voice. Lost in thought, he drove home, he would seek the conversation with his wife today. He didn't want to delay the inevitable any longer than necessary. He hoped she wasn't on her way so he could get it over with as quickly as possible.

As Alan was getting rid of his jacket and shoes in the wardrobe, he heard noises coming from his office. Quietly, he stepped up to the door and pushed it open just enough so he could see what was going on. Mary was sitting at the desk, going through his letters and papers. She mumbled unintelligible words as she examined the sheets. Annoyed, he watched her study credit card statements and such. Now he realized who had left such a mess on his desk the last time. Alan cleared his throat loudly and stepped into the room to draw attention to himself. "Are you looking for something in particular? If you haven't found it yet, maybe I can help you with it," he spoke sarcastically, glaring at her. At the moment, he didn't understand why she was going through his things, since it didn't make sense to him.

In shock at being caught, Mary dropped the papers on the table. Briefly she was shocked, but then she looked at him just as angrily. "I knew you were a scumbag and a cheater!" she now began to shout, getting up from her sitting position so as not to look even smaller in front of him than she already was.

"May I know where you get this knowledge?" he asked suspiciously calmly, crossing his arms and continuing forward. He wanted to see what slips of paper she had just gone through, since he still didn't understand what had driven her to make that statement.

"You dare ask that?" she continued to shout, "Proof. I'm looking for evidence of your infidelity and I've found it! Not only did you pay for the designer cups, no you obviously went to her house and had Italian food with her. How long has this been going on? Weeks, months? Oh heck, I don't care, you'd just be lying anyway!" Her face had turned red from screaming herself into such a rage. Upset, she paced back and forth in front of Alan, not knowing what to do now that she had confirmation that her husband was apparently cheating on her with his assistant.

The actor was surprised by her outburst at the first moment. He didn't like that his wife involved Rosalyn in the marriage drama, after all, they had been having relationship problems for a long time, it had nothing to do with her. "I want a divorce, and I want it as soon as possible," he said only in response, not wanting to give Mary any more points of attack.

"Just because you're sleeping with your assistant, you think you can get rid of me right away? Of course I'm not going to make it that easy for you!" she scolded her husband, as she didn't at all appreciate being dumped like that.

"Whether you're going to make it easy for me or not, I'm going to break up with you. If you make unnecessary trouble, the less money you'll get. As you like, it's up to you. Almost everyone has a point at which they can be bought, how is it with you? Do you want the mansion or would you rather have money in the account? Knowing you, probably both. Name your price!" he said bitingly, his voice getting louder as he slowly but surely ran out of patience.

Mary looked at her husband contemptuously, but at the moment she was speechless. He would give her his house, which was worth several million pounds sterling? If she negotiated well, she could make a profit on this, because she had lost Alan to his assistant a long time ago anyway. Even though the two of them may have only recently been secretly in a relationship behind her back, she had noticed the way he had always looked at Rosalyn while they were talking. So what would it matter if she took some of his money and the house, he was earning enough anyway and the multitude of new film projects would earn him even more.

"Did my statement leave you speechless or are you already thinking how much money you can take out of my pocket to keep your mouth shut and not go to the press to reveal every detail about us?" the actor concluded, continuing to look angrily at his wife. He had enough of her greed for money, by now he also knew that she had bought an expensive bag in Paris and much more.

"Of course Alan. Do you really think I'm going to let you fob me off cheaply? If we're going to split up, I want something out of it, not just you and your bitch. You both just want to get rid of me so that you have free rein and don't have to hide anymore!" she sneered at her husband.

"You tell me your price by tomorrow," was the only thing Alan said in response. He went to his desk and took all the open documents and locked them in his drawer, for which only he had a key.

Mary said nothing more about it and stormed out of the room, upstairs to the bedroom. Fortunately, she had photographed the relevant bills with her cell phone beforehand. She would pay his assistant a visit, after all, she knew where she lived through the Italian restaurant, since her address was listed on the receipt. She had to act fast, she didn't have much time left as Alan wanted to know by tomorrow how much money she was asking for so she would disappear from his life.

 She had to act fast, she didn't have much time left as Alan wanted to know by tomorrow how much money she was asking for so she would disappear from his life