Chapter 30 - END

Alan had left Rosalyn's apartment early in the morning

Alan had left Rosalyn's apartment early in the morning. It was hard for her to say goodbye to the actor, because she didn't know when they would see each other next. Actually, she would have liked to go back to bed, but she would not be able to fall asleep again anyway. She would rather use the time wisely and continue sorting her remaining items into the moving boxes. Sadly, she thought about the current situation, although she had continued to arrange phone contact with Alan, she would miss the daily conversations in his office. Just looking into his eyes was enough to get her through her busy days.

Just before her regular work hours would begin, she wanted to prepare a coffee to have on hand while she worked. She stood in front of her coffee maker and looked out the window, which offered a view of the parking lot in front of the apartment complex. It was only when she looked more closely at the area that she could see that there were two people standing around with cameras. Immediately she stepped back, out of their field of vision, so no one would spot her. Were they reporters? Maybe it was just coincidence that they were loitering there. Were the men waiting for Alan? Fortunately, he had left early in the morning. Had Mary not kept her word, or had one of the residents seen the actor and leaked the sighting to the press? All these questions were weighing on her mind right now, so without paying further attention to her coffee, she immediately rushed to her computer and turned it on. A short time later, she tried to log into the agency's program to look through Alan's mails. Despite several attempts, her password was invalid. Rosalyn finally broke out into a panic. She picked up her cell phone, but she hadn't missed any calls from her workplace. With shaky fingers, she opened her own email inbox to see if she had received a message. Her fear had become a reality; she had received a summary dismissal, thanks to Mary. She would call Alan immediately to let him know of this news.

Rickman had just finished the telephone conversation with his manager. The manager had told him that he had a new assistant who would supervise him from headquarters, but he had vehemently refused. He would end the cooperation with the agency today, as he did not want to support this company for a second longer. He was not informed why Rosalyn was no longer available, but through her stories he could pretty much picture what had happened. His wife was to blame for his assistant being terminated, probably without notice. Angrily, he set out to find Mary. He needed to talk to her about what to do next. He would file for divorce today. If Alan could decide, he would give his wife no more money at all, but it wasn't that simple. She could sell her luxury items or finally go to work, he didn't want to support her financially any longer.

*

Rickman sat in his dark living room sipping a heavy red wine. Today had gone terribly and all the events of the day were crashing down on him. The argument with his wife regarding the divorce had escalated. His approach had certainly not been the best, as he had threatened to leave her with nothing. Mary, in her fury, had packed a big suitcase and moved to a hotel or to her friend's house. He didn't care where she had disappeared to, at least he had his peace in his villa from today on. He was seriously considering selling it, since everything would remind him of his failed marriage anyway. He wanted to make a new start with Rosalyn as soon as he had the divorce behind him. In his opinion, that included a new home. He felt sorry for her, since he could not help her as he would have liked to. She would be moving to Andover in the next few days. He had offered to support her financially, but she had refused. He still couldn't believe that his life had turned upside down within the last two weeks. His future was uncertain, but he knew one thing for sure. He would do everything possible to make sure Rosalyn would be okay. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, he loved her. Alan had originally intended to prevent her move, but it would have been selfish to stop her. As soon as she arrived in Andover, he would arrange a meeting.