1

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: i am not writing every single rival since that's just too much work for me. and since ayato is a yandere, there is bound to be nsfw and heavily creepy parts in this book.

you've been warned.

💌🔪♡🩹🩸

ꜰʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ...

for as long as ayato could remember, he couldn't feel anything. he's never been able to feel emotions. it was so bad that he had to pretend to be normal when he's around other people, but on the inside, he felt numb. it wasn't all bad, partially because he was so desensitized that it's normal for him, but this way...he couldn't get hurt by others.

but that was the least of his worries right now. he has to get to school and by the looks of it, he's not going to make it.

akademi high school's corridor is filled with students bustling about, getting ready for another day of classes. meanwhile, ayato aishi, a tall and brooding figure with piercing eyes and dark hair, dashes through the hallway, his tie askew and his bag slung haphazardly over one shoulder. he glances at his watch and curses under his breath, "damn it! i'm going to be late again!"

he should've known better than to sleep an extra 5 minutes. now look at him! if he's late today, he surely won't hear the end of it from his mother.

ayato turns a corner, barely slowing down as he rounds it. but just as he takes another step, he collides into someone, causing a flurry of papers to scatter across the floor.

y/n stumbles backward, her expression a mix of surprise and concern. she was just able to catch herself from falling. "oh, i'm so sorry! are you okay?" she covered her mouth with her hands as she looked down at ayato's position with great sympathy and regret.

ayato freezes, captivated by y/n's gentle voice and the genuine worry in her eyes. he's momentarily lost for words, but his heart begins to race with an unfamiliar excitement. that's odd. he's never felt this way before. "u-uh, yeah...i'm fine. thanks." he replies.

y/n immediately kneels down, being careful not to accidentally let her uniform's skirt fly up as she helped ayato collect his fallen papers, her fingers delicately brushing against his own. ayato's breath catches in his throat as he watches her, completely mesmerized. he seemed to blink once, then twice.

"here, let me help you up too." y/n extends a hand, and the boy hesitantly accepts it, feeling a jolt of electricity pass through him as their skin touches. there was also another reaction which took ayato aback—he could feel something become hard in his pants and strain against the fabric of his pants. what is happening?!

"who is she...?" he whispered to himself. before he can gather his thoughts, y/n stands up, and they both face each other for a moment, their eyes locked. for the first time, ayato has felt something. a strong desire. a longing. a yearning. a craving. it was this very moment where he finally understand what it means to be human. to be alive. even if this may be first encounter, ayato is hooked.

but the spell of their prolonged eye-contact is broken when ayato couldn't help but quickly averted his eyes, a faint pink color began to dust his cheeks. y/n had absolutely no idea what she caused to stir inside of him. she simply chalked up his prominent blush to embarrassment and left it at that.

after this, y/n realizes she's running late as well. "shoot. i'm really sorry, but i have to go now. good luck!" she waves goodbye and without another word, y/n hurriedly scurries off in the direction of her friend osano, who is waiting impatiently at the end of the corridor. ayato watches them leave, his eyes filled with longing.

ayato— completely forgetting that he was running late to class just like any other student— remains rooted to the spot, consumed by thoughts of y/n. his obsession takes hold, urging him to uncover every detail about her life, her friends, and how he can be a part of it.

ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ...

ever since his encounter with his beloved that took place about a year ago, ayato has had a very productive life. y/n is his escape from the cold, grey, empty world he's been trapped in ever since childhood. she's is the one he's been waiting for. the person he want to spend the rest of his life with.

and so, ayato has taken it upon himself to join his school's art club in hopes to improve on his already gifted abilities. he wanted nothing more than to create a portfolio dedicated to the one he loved. it was perfect. he uses the equipment from school or whatever he can find at his house and uses it to expand on his private art book. it's filled with y/n.

just her. he didn't want anything tainting the focus of the booklet. he also enjoys how different his progression in art has been and how his love for y/n is symbolized on these pages. she unknowingly has him wrapped around her pretty little finger and ayato has grown restless these past few months. it's been so hard for him to focus on classes when his mind is imagining a life with her.

even the naughty daydreams that he has of y/n earn himself a one-way trip to the bathroom, so he can relieve his pleasure and not have to worry about a prominent tent in his pants for the remainder of the school day. he's a bit of a scumbag, so what? he is one message away to getting all the information that he oh-so desperately seeks to learn about. he can even text his friend up in the info club— better known by his alias 'info-kun' than his birth name: rihito— to send him some photos of y/n for reference, no matter of erotic (i.e., panty shots).

alas, it seemed like everyone and their father wanted to be friends with y/n. luckily, osano has been dating taeko yamada for a little over six months now, so he's no longer an issue for ayato to worry about. he hates the fact that a select few of students are actively trying to take y/n from him.

he wants her, in more ways that he can ever express. no one never appreciate dear y/n the way he does, ayato thinks. he wants to stop anyone that tries to come between them. he'll hurt them terribly if it means that it'll put a stop to their endeavors to date her. there is nothing ayato wouldn't do for y/n. he is at her beck and call.

nothing else matters. no one else matters to ayato— his focus on y/n and y/n alone. she has him wrap around her finger and he didn't have the care in the world.

y/n will be his.

she doesn't have a choice.