6

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: sorry for the late update, everyone! i have no excuses other than i have been busy.

i hope you all understand.

💌🔪♡🩹🩸

the next day, after having to bear taking his rival's grimy body away from his earth, ayato aishi came up with a perfect ruse to help this whole 'shinji goes missing' thing to blow over. and there was nothing his classmates loved more than dressing up to celebrate for a holiday. luckily, halloween was just around the corner.

so, when he returned home, ayato printed out as many copies as he could tolerate holding in his arms.

when he finally came back to school, he stood at the entrance and simply waited. he didn't know why but it seemed like every single person who attended this school just so happened to arrive at the same time. it was a bit weird, but he never questioned it. better just chalk it up as coincidence for now since he has a more important task: throw a massive party for halloween to distract everyone from shinji kimura's untimely disappearance and, if fate allows it, get closer to y/n.

"what are you doing there, aishi?" geiju tsuka, the president of the art club, questioned after noticing ayato standing in front of the school. he wondered why he hadn't bothered to go in and exchange his outside shoes for his inside pair. alongside geiju is his girlfriend— azami minamoto— who gently clasped one of her hands firmly with her significant other. geiju's green eyes soon shifted to the papers clutched in his classmate's which prompted him to give ayato a quizzical look and it was enough for him to know what geiju was asking from behind those blue-rimmed glasses.

letting out a defeated sigh, ayato reluctantly took one of the copies out from the thick stack and shyly showed geiju. "it's...um...i'm throwing a party on halloween. you two are welcome to come if you don't have any plans." he said, trying to get on their good side, so they don't snitch on him to the guidance counselors since parties were typically looked down from the staff members' eyes.

students should focus on their studies, not risk the school's precious reputation by letting loose. that's how the headmaster thought which was a bunch of bullshit in ayato's eyes. anyone without a thumb up their ass could see headmaster shuyona was the biggest hypocrite when it came to drinking—it would seem that he has a bottle of alcohol under his desk which makes ayato wonder if he may have a developing/ongoing addiction.

"that sounds so cool! can we please go, baby?" azami frowned and looked up at her boyfriend with the biggest puppy dog eyes ayato had ever seen. that's cute, but then again, ayato couldn't help but be jealous...he hopes one day y/n and he can be like that. happy together. like a normal couple.

geiju let out a low chuckle. "i don't see why not." he caved in, making his girlfriend happier than ever. "but," he soon cleared his throat which caused ayato to tense. he hoped the art club's leader wouldn't give him a stern talking to, especially in front of all these people. he didn't want to seem pathetic in front of y/n. not just yet. "i suggest you do this elsewhere, like the club hallway. if you stand out here, you're like a sitting duck. chances are you'll get caught by one of the student council members or kyoshi tachikawa."

ayato hated to say it, but geiju was right. if he wanted to keep this on the dl, then he'd have to be able to do it in a less open space. after a moment of silence, ayato replied with a simple, "will do. thanks."

"yeah, no problem. don't forget that we are all meeting up together after school today." geiju reminded his classmate before he and his girlfriend finally left.

ayato stood there at the entrance of akademi high school, thinking to himself. who knew somebody like geiju would save his sorry ass from possibly getting detention? ayato always thought of him as a pretentious hipster who is trying to make himself look deep by being untalkative.