Chapter 11: Namjoon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2183

POV: Namjoon 

THERE WAS A lot of pressure resting on Namjoon's shoulders. His brothers were counting on him to find their soul mate. When he discovered there was a guest who was not registered due to it being a present from a friend and had the same initials as his soul mate, he felt it was almost too good to be true. 

A spark had been ignited in his heart. Now that he knew there was a big chance they could find their soul mate, he was willing to fight tooth and nail to find them.

Admittedly, he had been hesitant at first. Like Yoongi and Jin, he was cautious about this. For so many years, he along with his friends, had met numerous people claiming to be their soul mate. Each time, a piece of him lost hope.

But this was the first time he felt like it was possible. When he stalked down the hallway with his other band members, his heart was beating erratically. It was like his soul mate had touched him.

And when Yoongi—the one who was most wary about the situation—bulldozed into their dorm and announced he had bumped into their soul mate, it was another reason he couldn't give up. The fiery, determined glint in his hyung's eyes was enough to push him to carry on searching.

Even though it had been weeks since the concert, he wasn't going to give up. No, he couldn't. They had a lead and he was going to pursue it.

When he had told Dam-bi—his new girlfriend—that he could no longer see her, he felt no guilt. He only got into a relationship with her because he was lonely. She worked at the Seoul Arts Centre and was passionate about the history of Art. Namjoon liked that about her—it drew him to her. However, whilst they had only just started dating, he felt no love towards her. If anything, he saw her as a close friend, a confidant.

Thankfully, Dam-bi took it well. She was understanding and asked if they could remain friends. Namjoon didn't want to lose her as a friend so he accepted. He was grateful Dam-bi wasn't obsessed like Jin's ex-girlfriend, Mi-rae. Mentally, he shook his head at the thought of her.

Namjoon pushed those thoughts from his head. They had all broken up with their partners, taking a leap of faith that this was their soul mate. Taehyung and Jimin were so sure that it was, they put their trust in them. Now all Namjoon and Sejin had to do was get ahold of Freya.

He cracked his neck as he stared at the pre-written email to Freya. Sejin had written most of it, making sure some things weren't revealed. They had to be careful in case Freya's friend wasn't their soul mate. God, he hoped that wasn't the case. It would break his friend's hearts if it wasn't. They had never been this close before.