Chapter 31: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2116

AFTER THEIR TALK, Madeline was lost on what the next step was

AFTER THEIR TALK, Madeline was lost on what the next step was. She had spoken to Billie about hashing out her insecurities but what came next? She was still nervous about things—it would take time for her to fully embrace being their partner.

Thankfully, her soul mates noticed her nervousness and eased her into a lighter conversation. They suggested cooking something as a group, barring Namjoon. Madeline had watched many Run episodes to know Namjoon was a disaster when it came to cooking. She felt bad that he often got banned from cooking but knew it was for his safety.

"What is your favorite food?" Jimin asked her shyly as they stalked towards the kitchen.

Madeline opened her mouth to reply but was interrupted by Taehyung, "Mac and cheese."

Jimin sent his friend a dirty look, "Madeline was supposed to answer that."

Taehyung replied with a cheeky smile, "Sorry, I couldn't resist flaunting my knowledge. She loves mac and cheese, hot chocolate, and the Brothers Grimm fairytales."

Namjoon perked up when books were mentioned. She found it mildly amusing that his whole attention would suddenly center around the topic.

"As in the classic, slightly gory books?" He queried with bright, intrigued eyes.

Madeline nodded her head. Taehyung and Jimin flanked her sides but remained silent, happy to listen to the conversation and learn more.

"Yeah, I think they are fascinating. Have you read them too?"

Namjoon appeared slightly disappointed, "Unfortunately, I only know bits and pieces. What made you so interested in them?"

She shrugged her shoulders. Nobody had really asked her about this before. Her dad bought them for her as a gift a few years ago and warned her that some of the stories were extremely dark. That didn't stop her from delving into the stories.

"Uh, well I grew up watching a lot of the Disney films. I liked them but they never really appealed to me. When I heard they were based on darker stories, I asked my dad for a few of them. I liked how peculiar and intense they were. I can't really explain why I enjoy them so much." She explained, gauging their reactions. To their credit, there was no judgment in their eyes.

Namjoon smiled at her softly. It was the kind of smile that warmed her heart. Namjoon was tall and could often be viewed as intimidating. But right now, she could only classify him as soft and gentle. He cared. That was obvious.