Chapter 34: Namjoon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2796

POV: Namjoon

THE LEADER OF BTS was startled to find his soul mate at their door, a few days after their talk.

After quickly getting over his initial reaction, he stepped to the side and let her in. His mind wandered for several different reasons as to why she could have visited unexpectedly. She had been communicating with them through texts over the past few days. The messages were usually short and involved small talk but they always filled him with happiness.

However, she hadn't mentioned coming over. Namjoon was sure his brothers would have told him if they knew she was coming over.

As she passed him, Namjoon discreetly inhaled her sweet scent. He found it to be one of his favorite things about her. It was an intoxicatingly dangerous thing about her.

"Madeline, are you okay?" He asked her as she spun around to face him. Nervousness was etched on her beautiful face. She flickered her gaze around the room, avoiding eye contact. His own orbs remained trained on her face, unable to tear it away.

"Uh, yes. Why would you ask that?" She wondered as if she hadn't turned up unannounced. Not that he was angry about that. Although, the same couldn't be said for his brothers. None of them were home at the moment. Jin, Yoongi, and Jungkook had gone shopping whilst Hobi, Taehyung, and Jimin had gone to explore the area. Namjoon knew they wouldn't be back for ages. They would be annoyed and jealous to know they missed seeing her.

"You didn't tell us you were coming over," He murmured, hoping it didn't come across as him asking her to leave.

Unfortunately, any confidence she had vanished at his words. Stumbling over her words, she produced an apology. "I—I'm so sorry, Namjoon-ssi. I—"

Namjoon frowned at her use of formal talk. He didn't like that coming from his soul mate. He also hated the fact she was apologizing for visiting.

"Please don't apologize," He started in a rush.

She still tried to squeeze past him to leave, muttering as she did. "I shouldn't have presumed. I'm so sorry. I'll message you next time."

Namjoon's arm shot out to gently grab hers. Jolts of electricity shot up his arm. He was breathless from the effects and knew that she was feeling the same. Her large eyes peered up at him. Confusion swam in them along with a hint of desire.

"Namjoon-ssi, what are you—"

"It's Namjoon to you." He whispered, leaning close to her ear. Her body trembled at his close proximity but not from fear. She wanted him like he wanted her. Oh, how he wanted her. From the moment he saw her, he knew there would never be another woman like her. "Where do you think you're going?"

Madeline sucked in a shaky breath, "I—I don't know."

Namjoon directed her to the wall and maintained a small distance from her. His hand, though, never left her arm. He didn't want to stop the rush of euphoria.

"You didn't come all this way to leave after saying hi, did you, Madeline?"

"N—no," She replied, nervously.

"I didn't think so," He mumbled, dusting his breath over her face. She locked eyes with him and couldn't seem to detach herself. He was transfixed as he explored the depths of her eyes. There was still so much for him to learn about. He couldn't wait to unpack it all. "Why don't you stay for a drink?"