Chapter 43: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2066

	SHE COULD FEEL something serious was about to take place

SHE COULD FEEL something serious was about to take place. There was tension in her muscles and a foreboding feeling in the pit of her stomach. From the moment she woke up, her body had been bracing for something.

It had only been a day since Madeline had officially returned to living permanently at the college quarters. Having grown weary of the constant back and forth, she resolved that it was time to make a complete return. However, returning meant she was further away from her soul mates. The distance between them was painful. 

Billie had noted her strange behavior not long after waking up, worried that something tragic had happened.

"Are you sure you don't know something already?" Billie had asked for the seventh time in a concerned voice.

Madeline stopped chewing on her food and shook her head, "No, I swear nothing's happened. It feels like something will happen soon."

Billie hummed thoughtfully, "Hmm, maybe it's related to your soul mates."

Madeline paused and flickered her dark orbs up to her friend. "You think this is related to my soul mates? How?"

This feeling was one she hadn't felt before. There was a horrible pit in her stomach. No matter how hard she tried, it wouldn't disappear.

Dread. What she was experiencing was dread. It made the food she ate taste like cement.

Billie leaned in closer as if she was about to share a secret. "Well, my friend went through something like this a few years ago. He woke up one day and felt like the world was going to end. Everyone said he was exaggerating. And then, later that day, his soul mate ended up rejecting him. It was out of the blue, with no warning."

Madeline's heart dropped to her stomach. Something like that couldn't happen to her, right? The boys showed no indication they were thinking like that. Plus they had been persistent in winning her over for so long.

Perhaps it was related to her soul mates but not in the way Billie was indicating.

Madeline sat back in her seat and pondered over what Billie had said. Now she was more nervous about seeing the boys later.

Sensing that Madeline was drowning in her thoughts, Billie swiftly changed the subject. "So, I have some big news."

Madeline pushed all of her negative, insecure thoughts to the side and gave Billie her undivided attention. She would worry about it later. Listening to Billie would serve as a good distraction.