PART 5 - COMING HOME

TAYLOR

"What the hell is this?" My little mate seethes as we pull up to my lodge and I have to use every ounce of self-control not to rise to her shitty attitude.

Rolling my eyes, I fling open the door to my brother's jeep before heading up the steps to my home to get some distance from the golden-haired hell cat.

"This is not the Lancaster pack house!" She yells after me as I take out my key and unlock the door.

"I never said I lived there." I bark over my shoulder as I throw my door open and hear her stomp in after me.

"I'm serious Taylor. What is this place?" Harper snaps at me.

Growling, I turn around and lean against my kitchen counter with my arms crossed over. "It's my home. Our home."

"You-are-joking!"

"I built this place myself. What's wrong with it." I grit out as I watch Harper's huge blue eyes scan the room with disgust which admittedly fills my heart with disappointment that my new little mate is so displeased.

Fuck she's a brat, but I desperately wanted to make her happy and I'm already failing. I've always been pretty proud of this place so it's a real kicker to the balls that she hates it so much. 

"I mean... like where's the air conditioning?" Harper says with distaste.

I lean over to the kitchen window and push it open before smirking at her as her jaw drops open.

"I thought you were a Lancaster! A Lancaster would not stay here!" Harper scoffs with disbelief as she waves her hands around theatrically.

"My brothers live in the pack house. That place is not for me." I say firmly; I'll never call that place home.

"This is not going to work for me, Beta." Rages Harper as she paces around my home, and I try real hard not to lose my shit with her stuck up attitude. "I mean, how many bedrooms do you have here? Where the hell's all my clothes going to fit!"

"Christ you are fucking conceited." I mutter before I can stop the words falling out of my mouth.

Harper's head snaps around to face me as her eyes blaze gold in fury. "What did you say to me? Conceited!? I am not some spoilt-little-rich-girl!"

"That's exactly what you fucking are." I finally growl back.

"I just know my worth, and I know I'm worth more than this." Harper yells as she waves her hands around.

"Oh yeah." I snarl back. "...and what exactly is your worth, sweetheart? What makes you so god damn special."

"I was going to be a Luna..."

I bark with laughter at the prima donna whose stood before me and shake my head with disbelief at her.

"A Luna! And what exactly is your talent and skills Luna Harper? Huh? Are you a warrior? Cause you sure as shit don't look trained up to me? Are you a teacher? Healer? What is it that makes you so fucking special? Come on! I wanna hear it. What makes you so much better than me?" I challenge her, stepping right into her space.

"I have lots of talents!"

"Oh yeah, like fucking what! Stealing?"

"I paint and draw!" Harper snaps back as I actually laugh in her face.

"Well how fucking incredible. You're right, my bad, you're a born-fucking-leader if you can do that! So, you do finger painting like a fucking pup." I ridicule her.